Ah, baby bliss...being in daddy's arms and watching sister. Lynnea loves Mikayla and Mikayla loves making her laugh. It's a win-win, especially when mommy is busy getting something done and baby needs entertainment.

On to the subject at hand. Remember those puffy almond desserts that we get at dim sum sometimes? I know Leila remembers. Well, I found a recipe for them and, of course, I had to try them. A little bit of puff pastry, sweet almond powder, honey and water later, we had the dessert of all desserts. I must admit, before I put them in the oven I was a little nervous that the "puff" pastry wouldn't puff but, in 12 minutes...

there they were, golden and beautiful. They tasted just as yummy. There is a slight difference between the restaurant variety and mine but they're pretty close if I say so myself. (Yes, I'm patting myself on the back for this one.) One thing I will say, I could eat puff pastry by itself-YUM!

And the milky sweetness inside...

Here are my children enjoying them which is the main objective. Both Mikayla and Tyler love this dessert. Cara and I were talking earlier about how children don't like trying new things. I have the benefit of going to real Chinese restaurants with my kids so they've had to try many things. They have their likes and dislikes but I am definitely blessed that they'll try most things without complaining (too much).

Life is all about trying new things, having new experiences and enjoying it to the fullest. It's always something to celebrate when I have the time to try something new and this one was a winner!
1 comment:
yum!! Im coming over for some of that! Those look awesome!
Post a Comment