Sunday, April 13, 2008

Smiles and Sales

I really have nothing exciting to write about today so I thought I'd include a few snapshots of my kids posing for my photo experimentation. I thought I'd get out the big guns (Will's work digital camera that's 3x the size of mine) and play with it a little. I got a lot of shots but here are some of the good ones.
Lynnea's smile
The kids sitting together, a rare occurance. Usually you can't see Lynnea. The term "smothering" comes to mind.
My daughter's beautiful smile.
OK, I do have to brag about the great deal I got the other day. As I was making my rounds to CVS to pick up some random necessities, I noticed that Stein Mart was having a sidewalk sale. Not an avid shopper of Stein Mart, I decided to go take a look. Lo and behold, I noticed a beautiful pair of bar "stools" just sitting there with a 50% off sign on them. With Lynnea strapped to my chest and the other munchkins running around my ankles, I inquired as to how much these beauties were. She astounded me with, "well, they were $100, marked down to $75." A little more than I would spend but then she said, "and then half off of that-$35 each." What?? I could hardly contain my excitement but I had to run it by the hubby, in Vegas. We have been casually looking at bar stools because ours were quite low for the countertop and, even though they were a wonderful hand-me-down (thanks Bryan!), we were looking for something different. We thought we'd have to wait a while but these were such a great deal, Will gave me the go-ahead to put them on hold until we could pick them up.
So, here they are. Now, I know the wood is a slightly different color (I thought it would match our dining set (it does, for the most part) but they are a much better height AND, when I went back to buy them, they were an additional percentage off so each one came to $29!!!! What a find! My favorite part is the microsuede on them. Mikayla's excited about "drawing pictures" on them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pic of Mikayla- seriously Riva you need to send her photo into a kids magazine- theres one called Baby Cotoure that she would be perfect for! :-)
And- I LOVE LOVE your friend Heidi-- I read her blog all the time and we have been writing back and fourth- she is sooo sweet!

Anonymous said...

I love the bar stools/chairs, and the incredible deal that you got on them makes them even better!