I actually did it! I was able to put Lynnea's long locks into 2 baby-sized ponytails. I can't believe a 4 month old has ponytails but I had to do something cute with all that hair. Maybe now I won't feel like cutting it (although I'd like to get rid of the mullet in the back).

And here she is, sitting all by herself. She can sit now for minutes at a time without me holding her but if I don't watch her, she'll make a face plant into the ground in no time. She is getting stronger, though!

Another thing Lynnea likes to do is suck...on everything. Fingers, shirts,
your shirt, toys, anything that gets near her mouth gets drowned in saliva and chewed on viciously. I'd like to hope that teeth are coming soon but, if she's anything like
Mikayla, this phase will last for a
looooong time. She has also become very attached to me. I can't put her down for any time at all without hearing crying (sometimes screaming) until I pick her back up again. These past few days have been quite charming...

So, to get out of the rut of our house and all of the boring toys inside of it (according to the kids), we ventured out to meet friends at a local park. Now, once you see this park, you'll wish they had these when we were little-check out the canopy and the woodwork!! Part of me wanted to pretend I was playing "chase" and go in and out of the slides and ladders. OK, maybe not the lazy part of me...I was quite content sitting and
watching the kids run around. What is it about turning 30-something that makes your energy level dip to an all-time low? I actually watched one mom try to show her child how to walk on the swinging stairs and she almost had to go to the hospital...sometimes our brains and our bodies aren't on the same wavelength. Her brain was thinking "I feel 15" and her body was saying, "mercy!"

My friend, Mina, came with her kids. The 4 kids attempted to ride this twisty seat at the same time. Surprisingly, they fit! But the happiness didn't last long and the amount of seat each of them got didn't seem like enough. We had to herd them toward the other part of the playground.

Tyler riding the spring-loaded snail? I don't know what this thing is exactly.

Mina with the girls. Mina is one of those girls that I can go to with anything and I appreciate her friendship so much! Hanging out with her is always a good time!
3 comments:
yea! that does look like fun. I cant wait till Ethan can be left "somewhat" unattended at the park- I have to be on him every step because he's a little dare-devil and will try anything that involves high climbing or jumping from high places. Boys!
Cute Pig-tails!!! She looks like such a little doll and I want to cuddle her!
Lynnea looks so cute with her little pigtails! I thought Mollie had a lot of hair, but I couldn't put pigtails in her hair until she was 17 months!
I experienced firsthand Lynnea's obsession with sucking on things when I was holding her in the nursery on Sunday and she got a hold of my arm. :)
Post a Comment