So I hope my cousin forgives me for this but I found it quite funny and so endearing. For one of her classes, she had to make some treats to enjoy in class while they fulfilled an assignment of watching a movie this afternoon (must be rough...). Cheryl decided to make them from scratch and chose popcorn balls. She brought all of the ingredients over to my house and began the arduous process of stirring and melting the "sticking" ingredients. In went the corn starch, the butter, the marshmallows and the white sugar. Then, once they were mixed, she poured it onto the popcorn and started squeezing the balls together, unsuccessfully. More marshmallows were piled on and I decided to check out the recipe to see what could possibly have gone wrong. Instead of the 5 cups of of white sugar Cheryl included in the recipe, it called for 5 cups of
powdered sugar. Oops...well, we all agreed that the students in her class would get a severe sugar high and continued to sculpt the balls into edible portions.
They looked pretty good! Pink and springy!
Mikayla loved helping Cousin Cheryl roll the balls but Tyler had other plans and cleaned the bowl of any remaining popcorn kernel left on the bottom of the bowl. Then, they both indulged in one popcorn ball each and got their sugar intake for the rest of the month...conveniently right before lunch, thanks Cheryl. =)

Meanwhile, Lynnea sat in her bouncy seat watching the action. Is it wrong of me to leave her in a sedentary position almost the entire day? The other day, a fellow mom told me that her little boy (a few weeks younger than Lynnea) had already almost rolled over. Not to be outdone, I put L on the floor and she did....nothing. I guess I need to commit to giving her more "tummy time" or even just more time on the floor. The thing is, whenever she's on the floor I'm afraid she'll get run over or covered in pillows from the couch that Tyler has thrown on the floor. I hope I'm not failing #3. I just have to remember mom's words, "she'll _(insert any action)___ by kindergarten, honey." Whew...

Cheryl and Tyler, rolling the popcorn balls in Saran Wrap.

It was a fun morning, followed by a fun evening with
Grammie and
Gramps at Red Robin. Thanks for a yummy dinner out, such a treat!!
2 comments:
Don't worry gal...... one of these days she will roll over whether she is in the bouncy or not...... oh wait..... that might be a reason to worry....... those things have buckles right? ;) Glad you are keeping busy with the hubby away...... I would want Josh to leave too if it meant I could eat out every night! ;)
Haha, it's all good Riva. I just LOVED when Mikayla goes "Mommy never messes up." Thanks, Mikayla. It was so fun doing that with you guys instead of being by my lonely self in Alpha kitchen. :)
And for your information, we did not just watch a movie. We also had to write down the differences between the book and the movie. That is some hard college work there. ;)
Post a Comment