If you read my sister's blog, you'd see that we went to see her mother-in-law yesterday. It took a little while to get out there but, once we were, it was seriously a place of magic....motherly speaking. Terri had provided lunch for our kids (magic #1) of corn dogs, fruit and chips. Then she made lunch for all of us big kids (magic #2) of this incredible alfredo pasta chicken dish. I had to go back for seconds. To finish it off, she bought this incredible custard strawberry pie (magic #3) of which I had a pretty sizeable slab. The kids were entertained with each other all morning (magic #4) and Cara and I could talk with each other without being interrupted 60 times (magic #5). Terri, thank you so much for letting us come, eat your food, destroy your house with toys and kids, and for being such a gracious hostess. I had a wonderful time!!

The kids at their kid's table. Mikayla had TWO corn dogs and 2 bags of chips...she must be growing.

After playing in the backyard for a while, the kids retreated to the tv room where they took in a little bit of Finding Nemo. Tyler, as always, on the most comfortable chair they own, rubbing the pillow.

Our hostess, Terri. She also gave Lynnea some adorable gifts including these feather clips. I just had to make Lynnea wear one over to her house since it was the cutest thing ever. Girls are just so much fun to accessorize.

Here is a close-up. It's a velcro flower clip with little feathery things glued to it. A-dorable.

Well, I'm headed off to the park for some play group time and then I'll be weeding what's left of my garden in the backyard. Stay tuned...
1 comment:
oh, man... so close, yet so far away!!!
Now that you've made that drive you probabaly won't want to do it again to visit us=) ha ha
That is awesome that you were able to be spoiled for a day... looks like it was an awesome relaxing day!
Post a Comment