I have attempted to do a little gardening a few days ago. There are things I don't like about gardening and I can't believe my mom finds it relaxing to dig through the dirt and rip out weeds. It's not my favorite thing to do but I really want my backyard to finally be finished and it all starts with the weeds. I found many things while I was gardening...
Flowers everywhere, thanks to the kids, from a tree in our backyard that grows 2 feet for every 2 inches I cut off of it. It's beautiful but it LOVES my backyard. It's called a tree mallow and I bought it for the flowers it produces but I had no idea it would love our yard so much. So many times, I've been tempted to pull it out.
The tree mallow. It's beautiful but it's a pain in the neck.
Another thing I found were bugs...LOTS of bugs. This is another reason I hate gardening. When I pulled out a daisy bush, waiting for me was a nest of sow bugs (roly poly's). Seeing so many roly polys in one place was soooo gross, even though the kids thought it was great! I also severed a lizard tail during one agressive shovel dig in the dirt. The tail kept moving for a good 5 minutes but I couldn't track down the owner of it. These reasons are why it's hard for me to enjoy digging around in the dirt. I do love the results, however.
Since Will is out of town until Friday night, my parents were gracious to invite me and the kids over for dinner. We had a yummy dinner of pork tenderloin and the kids got to watch Flushed Away. I just pretty much sat on the couch until a kid needed me (about every 5 minutes). It was very relaxing, though, and I'm going back tonight for another round. Thanks mom and dad!

3 comments:
Oh Riva you are amazing to handle 3 little ones without a hubby. That is my worst fear- that Erik will have to travel after the baby is born. He leave in June for 3 weeks to Asia! and Im already sweating that one with just two kids! You truly do encourge me and give me hope that 3 kids is not only possible but can be fun too!! Thank you!! AND I will soooo be calling you daily with questions after this little one arrives!
Ya three - yikes!! You do it so wonderfully. I truly admire you. I'll have to call you when Bryan leaves for the week to Boston. I only have two though..really no sympathy, right? And gardening? I planted those plants mom gave me and Bryan asked who the "gopher" was that planted the front plants. Thanks babe...
Cara
That photo of Lynnea and your dad is seriously an award winner! Frame that puppy and wrap it for Christmas! =)
XO, talitha
Post a Comment