Here's my favorite, and only, son showing me his sad face...
Here's my handsome husband reading to...no one? He doesn't want to admit it but "Good night Moon" is one of his favorite books.
Here is a bouquet of hydrangeas that came out of MY garden! Can you believe it? My hydrangea is doing really well this year. All the other years you'd wonder if I even had one. It was so small and produced small little bunches of flowers that would wither quickly. Look at those colors!!
On to some pictures from WAYYYYY back when. This next picture is me with Cara and my friend, Jennifer. She's still a wonderful friend now and I can't believe we've been friends since jr. high. This picture was taken on the freshman campus of our high school (yes, we were separated from the upper classmen). One thing I can say...can a person wear too much denim?? yes, she can....and is that "wash" really a "wash"? or is it bleached!!??
This next picture is of our tennis team. I was on the high school tennis team all 4 years, varsity my Sophomore-Senior. My sister and I were a doubles team and, by Jr. & Sr. years, we were the best in the league. (OK, I have to relive the good old days of competition sometimes, right?) Now, if you asked me to pick up a tennis racket now? I'd have to tell you that I might have the talent of a 4 year old. As a matter of fact, Will asked me if I wanted to play tennis with his uncle who is coming into town from Hong Kong and I break into a cold sweat just thinking about it. By the way, I'm the one on the right..
So, here's one of only a few pictures taken while Will and I were dating. I don't know why we didn't take more pictures. I'm kind of sad about that but who really thinks about whipping out a camera on a date? I guess I didn't, at that time in my life. Anyway, here we are at Bryan's parent's house. Yes, that is my natural hair color. I had a conversation with Mikayla as I reminisced about the "good old days" minus children.
I asked Mikayla, "don't daddy and mommy look young in this picture?"
Mikayla replied, "that's you? that looks like Auntie Cara."
Me: "Why does it look like Auntie Cara?"
Mik: "Her hair is dark."
Me: "Oh. Well, doesn't daddy look young in that picture?"
Mik: "No"
So now you know her opinion. I think we look young in this picture but I guess it's a good thing that Mikayla thinks we look the same. We haven't aged to her!! Gotta love the complete honesty of children. Hope you enjoyed the trip down memory lane.
4 comments:
ok- so Lauren is going to fly out and raid your garden- those green Hydregena's (sp??) are EXACTLY what she is wanting for her wedding. How did you get them to grow green?????
with hydrangea's, it's all about the PH of the soil. I actually wanted my flowers a deep blue so I put tons of aluminum sulfate in the soil where they were planted. It only turned some of them a light shade of blue and kept some green. I think that the green color is what the hydrangeas are when their soil is neutral (I actually think it's a color most people don't want their flowers).
It is a pretty green, isn't it?
yeah you and will dont look like youve changed much just your clothes and hairstyle,...my kids tell me I look old but I think its inspired by all my whining about early onset of wrinkles! haha
You need to come play tennis on our Wii. I bet you could take Emily and I. We could actually do four players if you bring Wil and we borrow some controllers. My arm is sore from playing last night. I will have Emily start working on creating your Miis....
Post a Comment