On the way, we stopped by the Carlsbad outlets where the kids found their first attraction...
Then we were off to Comfort Inn and Suites where we immediately jumped into the pool for at least an hour before dinner. Mikayla loved the fact that she could go anywhere in the pool with her floaties but Tyler took it easy on the stairs. He was too nervous to go much deeper, even with floaties. Lynnea had fun in her floatie as well (check out the slideshow). There were way too many pictures to put into this little space.
The next day we headed to Seaport Village and got our parking validated by buying these little wind-up bugs. The caterpillar is so cute, the way it inches across the ground and the ladybug actually flips and turns in circles. I think I had more fun with them than the kids did.
After swimming yet again in the pool (after an unsuccessful attempt at napping), we headed to Denny's for dinner and then to Mission Beach, a fun boardwalk-type area with rides, food, and stores. The kids rode the carousel, boats, and Mikayla rode the bumper cars. It was family fun night so all of the tickets were half off. $10 for a night of fun was the perfect price.
And finally Lynnea slept. None of the kids slept a lot on the trip and Lynnea had just about used all of her adrenaline by the time we hit Mission Beach. She slept for a good hour, thank goodness.
The next morning, we checked out of our hotel and went to Hotel del Coronado for the morning to put our feet in the soft sand and run around a little. Boy, was it hot!!!
Before we headed home, we had to go to lunch at our favorite dive, "Point Loma Seafood." We had our squid sandwiches (they sound gross but they're SOOOO good) and then packed into the car for the ride home. I don't think the kids were awake for even 10 minutes before there was silence in the car and all was well. *whew* Vacations are a lot of work!
1 comment:
awww sounds like fun! I cant wait to hear all about Mikalya's 1st day of school- I will be praying for you. at least she goes only 1/2 a day. Those full days really take it out of them. Its been hard on Madeleine but I think she is adjusting well. and I kinda like being just me and Ethan-but not for long- Im down to 2 weeks left! cant believe it!
Post a Comment