Back to the cinnamon rolls. I loved making them. Now they just taunt me from the counter saying, "eat me" and all I can think of is, "this will take 2 miles of running just to get off the hips." It just defeats the purpose of the workout. Well, one won't hurt, will it?
So I had one, complete with the cream cheesy frosting that came with the recipe and, boy, was it delicious!!! I'll have to send the rest to work with Will.
On to the kids, which is where the real entertainment comes from. Today, after Lynnea woke up from her nap, she crawled all the way to Mikayla's room from the living room and they started playing together. It's so cute to watch them interact and Mikayla just loves being a big sister to her little sister. It all started like a fairy tale-cute sisters playing a cute game with the ball popper.
Then it got ugly. Instead of letting the air blow the balls out of the top, Mikayla pointed it like a weapon into Lynnea's face. The air blew out of the top pretty hard and Lynnea took a deep breath, much to Mikayla's delight. She repeatedly did it to Lynnea and me until I had to stop her from torturing both of us. This was her face when I did...
Needless to say, she said she liked doing it because it was funny. OK, it was a little funny but the poor thing had had enough. She went on to better things like eating every toy in sight.
Of all 3 of my kids, Lynnea is definitely the most oral. EVERYTHING gets put into her mouth, even crumbs from crackers left on the floor 3 weeks ago...wait...did I just say 3 weeks? NO, I clean every day-how could those get there...*wink.* No, seriously, it's driving me crazy watching my human vacuum clean wherever she goes. I've had to be especially vigilant the last week or so clearing the way of debris...it's exhausting.
Then it got ugly. Instead of letting the air blow the balls out of the top, Mikayla pointed it like a weapon into Lynnea's face. The air blew out of the top pretty hard and Lynnea took a deep breath, much to Mikayla's delight. She repeatedly did it to Lynnea and me until I had to stop her from torturing both of us. This was her face when I did...
Needless to say, she said she liked doing it because it was funny. OK, it was a little funny but the poor thing had had enough. She went on to better things like eating every toy in sight.
Of all 3 of my kids, Lynnea is definitely the most oral. EVERYTHING gets put into her mouth, even crumbs from crackers left on the floor 3 weeks ago...wait...did I just say 3 weeks? NO, I clean every day-how could those get there...*wink.* No, seriously, it's driving me crazy watching my human vacuum clean wherever she goes. I've had to be especially vigilant the last week or so clearing the way of debris...it's exhausting.On to our dinner tonight. We went over to our friend's house to hang out with them and bring them the now-useless bassinet. YAY! We are completely done with the bassinet and can get rid of it for good. We had a great time over Little Caesar's pizza and listened as our 4 older kids went running through the house chasing each other. It was good to finally get together after not hanging out for a while. Here is Lynnea with their 3rd boy, Joey. So cute!!




3 comments:
Hey Riva, it was so fun hanging out with you guys. We definitely gotta do that more often. Thank you for all the goodies.
Mmmmmm, cinnamon rolls with icing. I bet your house smelled great while those were baking.
Mikayla looks like she's in pain in that last picture - such a sweet smile after torturing Lynnea, though.
Looks like you had fun at the "Hsu-box!"
hmmmm...well, I consider cinnamon to be a vegetable. And you need dairy, riva! so i think you probably did yourself a few favors with those rolls. they look delicious!
love your posts :)
Post a Comment