When I looked at my child this morning, hair in her eyes like
"cousin It," I decided something had to be done. A clip? no. Every clip nowadays is pulled out and put directly into the mouth. Within seconds, a drool so intense is covering every square inch and it takes a
lot to
want to use it again. A haircut? yes. And I was bound and determined to do it myself. How hard could bangs be? I didn't want to give her bangs. I shudder at the thought of growing them out eventually but it had to be done. So I grabbed the scissors, the comb, and expertly crafted bangs on my 7 month old daughter. Here is the before...

and here is the after. Really, they are straight. They don't look like it but if you comb it the perfect way, they're straight. Looking at this picture I'm almost thinking, "really, Riva? you think they're straight? maybe you should leave it to the professionals." No, I'm positive I've seen it straight after one combing session. Are they too short? Someone in the nursery commented that shorter bangs are "in" for the season. Oh good. Without knowing it, I caused my daughter to be fashionable. *whew* and I saved $13 on a professional haircut.

Here are some side angles.

To give me some credit, her hair is a little curly...

On to my first daughter. After detangling her beautiful hair every day, we all decided it was time for another haircut. Mikayla was so excited and wanted to chop it right below her ear but I wanted her to be able to still put it in a ponytail so we compromised and here's the before...

and here's a little
after the after. I'll get a better shot another day. It makes her look so grown up. My baby's growing up!

So now everyone has gotten a haircut recently but me. I need to get one, desperately but we'll see if I can fit it into my schedule. Or at least fit it into a time when I can go by myself, without the kiddos. Wish me luck.
3 comments:
the bangs look great! the biggest differance is she looks more grown up..your fam is beautiful
Lynnea's haircut looks awesome! You did such a great job! Maybe the reason I have no girls is that God knows I'd never be able to cut bangs.... I especially love that she's in almost exactly the same position in the first two pictures! It looks like you just photoshopped the bangs! :)
Both haircuts are adorable! I always cut Mollie's bangs myself when she had bangs, and they weren't always perfectly straight, but oh well. :)
Post a Comment