Saturday, August 16, 2008

Eat, Eat, and Eat Some More

We celebrated Will's birthday at a place called Tokyo Lobby. We don't go here that often but they have great teryaki chicken and it was a place that Will's whole family liked so we met 2 of his brothers and his parents at the restaurant after work on his birthday. My parents were invited too.
Below is the "boat" we ordered, complete with lobster and teryaki chicken and beef. It was very good-I had to hold myself back from getting out a straw for the teryaki sauce.
On Friday night, my parents agreed to watch the 3 offspring so we could actually have a date night, just the 2 of us. We went to our favorite place, Monster Sushi, and indulged. No, seriously, we indulged. 3 rolls and a tempura plate later we were stuffed and rolled out the door happy and full! It's the best place for sushi...nothing else compares. Except maybe Samurai Sushi in Sacramento, right Bill and Julie?
As you can see, Will thoroughly enjoyed his 2nd birthday dinner. The one in the middle is my favorite. It's called the Hungry Roll..mmmm...

2 comments:

Jenna said...

My daddy says, "Mmmmmmm, sushi rolls."

Personally, I'd eat the rice, but don't know about all that other stuff

Lauren @ Team Giles said...

Sushi-Sushi!!! Even though I don't eat "sushi" I LOVE GOING! I do the yakisoba(sp?)noddles and veggies, YUM YUM! Rodney and I love going. So future plans, if Rod and I come out or you and Will come out, then we're doin' SUSHI NIGHT!!!