Thursday, August 14, 2008

In Celebration!

My wonderful hubby turns 38 today. I know, can you believe it? I'm so young...oh, I mean, HE's so young. Actually, this whole last year I keep thinking that he's going to be 38 so when he actually turned 38 today, I felt like he should be 39 already. Not because I think he's old (on the contrary, he sometimes seems as young as the kids) but because I can't believe he's so close to 40. Well, I'm thankful for all 38 years of my husband's life as they have molded him into the incredible, thoughtful, caring, sacrificial husband and father and friend that he has come to be. So, in honor of my hubby, I'll try to make this post as much about him as I can...

To start with, I'll share my daughter's trademark body language. When I think of Lynnea, I think of this... and this...arms outstretched, mouth open, and reaching for the sky.
This picture is so indicative of our lives at this stage. Even though it seems hectic and chaotic, my heart is so happy looking at my 3 healthy kids eating around the table as a family. What a tribute to my husband whose provision for us and spiritual leadership is so important in creating this beautiful family.

And here is my husband, performing for the kiddos...singing his own little song. He was inspired by the kids singing what they had learned in Sunday School. (It's kind of reminiscent of Lynnea's trademark body language, no?)
Oh, and on to the best present he could have ever received...ok, I'm exaggerating a little but I was as giddy as a schoolgirl when we bought this next purchase.

I had a love/hate relationship with my refrigerator. I love it because it works really well and has been for the last 11 or so years. I hate it because the freezer is so small, the ice maker stopped working and it froze all of the things in the bottom drawer of the refrigerator. I wanted to get a new one. I dreamed of getting a new one. Financially, it just didn't seem possible...until Jenna and Joey up and moved to Omaha. All of a sudden, they wanted to get rid of their beautiful, stainless, bottom-freezer, easy-open, shiny, one year old refrigerator. They gave us an amazing price and we were sold. All I can say is....THANK YOU!!! Oh, and it came with all of this delicious food too! I'm so in love. I'm considering it Will's birthday present since it did take a dent out of savings. Happy Birthday babe!! Here is the new "baby." It fits perfectly!


*sigh* Isn't it amazing what we think is "the best present ever" when we get to be older....and become parents...

4 comments:

Robin said...

Riva~

The refridgerator is awesome......Look at all that freezer space!!!!!!

Mama Shoe said...

I can totally related about the "best present" being a frig. I think I was in love with our new one for a whole month... kept opening/closing it and just wanted to gaze upon. strange-- must be getting old.

Anonymous said...

Hey, we have that exact same refrigerator! It's great!

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you love the fridge!!!! It looks gorgeous in your kitchen. It was meant to be. Love you guys!