On to the new post. This first picture isn't a real "first" but it is the first time she wore this hat. It's one of those weird hand-me-downs that you wonder, "when is my child ever going to wear a hat that has a logo on it and is red, white and blue.." Hmm, nowhere but the house.
This week was the last week of Mikayla's first swimming lessons. Her teacher, Sheridan, was such a patient teacher and only made Mikayla do what she felt comfortable doing. I'm so proud of her. She passed Level 1 and is well into Level 2. I don't know what the levels are all about but I do know that she can at least feel comfortable in the water now.
Thanks to Robin!!!!!! my youngest sat in a swing at the park for the first time. When you have 3 kids, it seems like something in your brain just blocks off the logic portion for a while in the baby stage. I forget when they can do things like eat with their hands, roll off of things, and swing in swings. I just kept thinking she was too small. We went to the park the other day with our play group and, while I left for a few seconds, Robin kept Lynnea content by putting her, of all places, in the swing! What a novel idea! All I can do is thank her profusely for giving me a new entertainment option for my wiggly 7 month old, that is, if we go to the park.
Mikayla loved pushing her and she loved being pushed....
oh, look how happy she is-sailing in the wind...
then Tyler took over. Don't worry, no children were harmed in the picture-taking of this event. It does look like Lynnea got a little more airborn than she hoped and Tyler almost didn't get out of the way of the giant rubber seat. But then we all know how clumsy he can be. I must give him kudos that he didn't eat bark at the park.
Another first was the arrival of a late bloomer-Lynnea's first tooth!! Finally! My other kids got their first teeth at 6 months. At 7 1/2, I finally see a little white thing coming up from her gums. I circled it, even though that looks a little weird.
This weekend marked the first ice cream "throwdown" for Becoming One, our Adult Fellowship. We all met, some of us made homemade ice cream and then we all indulged and voted for our favorites. In 3rd place was Jeff's Burnt Peach ice cream, in 2nd was Valerie's Mint Chip and, in 1st place was Emily's Cookies 'n' Cream. All of it was delicious and, hopefully, it will become an annual tradition. I made blackberry ice cream but I guess I'll have to work harder to beat out the creamy traditionals...
The table was filled with scrumptious tasting cups of yummy ice cream.
Nothing beats an ice cream party!
No comments:
Post a Comment