Mikayla and Gramps were coloring pictures in her Mickey Mouse colorbook.
Grammie read the Little People book to the kids. They actually kind of sat still!
Then we played Uno. Tyler won the first time (with the help of a pro) and then Grammie cleaned up the second round. It's fun because now they have a Sesame Street version. The toy companies think of everything.
Yesterday was Black Friday and, yes, I actually went shopping. I really wanted to pick up some fresh decorations and Joann's was having a great sale so I got some new things and actually stood in a looooong line to pay for it. At first I thought, "this isn't worth it" but then I quickly remembered I was without kids and standing in line without saying, "stop touching, come here, stand by mommy," was almost like a vacation. I was actually Happy standing in line...strange.Later, we went to El Pollo Loco. Daddy got an ice cream cone and had to share with our 2 ice cream lovers. I think daddy got a few licks inbetween but it was gone pretty fast.
After dinner, we went to Target. By this time it wasn't crowded and we had fun looking at all of the toys. I've picked up Christmas gifts but I have yet to find something for Tyler. Mikayla can point out all the stuff she wants but Tyler doesn't really tell me what he can't live without. I'm having trouble finding something just for him that he'll enjoy. He seemed to love the $250 horse that actually eats and shakes his head. What will they come up with next.
After dinner, we went to Target. By this time it wasn't crowded and we had fun looking at all of the toys. I've picked up Christmas gifts but I have yet to find something for Tyler. Mikayla can point out all the stuff she wants but Tyler doesn't really tell me what he can't live without. I'm having trouble finding something just for him that he'll enjoy. He seemed to love the $250 horse that actually eats and shakes his head. What will they come up with next.
2 comments:
Ahhh.... the joys of shopping a sale on the bussiest day of the year! It brings back fond memories of our family doing the same each year.
AS I read your blog I longed for the simplicity of a target or Jonanne's! I do miss them immensely, especially when yoy can find everything under one roof without taking a bus and needing to bundle the little one up like a snowman when its 42degrees out and winter is still to come!
Looks like a great Thanksgiving!
I have been thinking about you, Riva... one year ago I was as pregnant as you! I can't believe my little December package is almost one- and before you know it, so will your little one!
We are praying for you and a safe delivery!
You'll blog from the hospital, right? (ha ha!)
Post a Comment