Sunday, November 4, 2007

Fun Anywhere

The other day the kids wanted to go outside and, since all I had to do was watch them, it sounded like a good plan. The biggest attraction outside was the barrel full of water. I refilled it about 10 times but the last time they decided to make a yummy concoction of dirt, weeds, bugs, sand, and anything else they could find in the backyard to make "cookies" for the birds. It was a pretty inventive plan and Mikayla was the ringleader. She pretty much told Tyler what to retrieve for her and he followed her recipe pretty well. I'm wondering how long she'll actually succeed at being the boss. The two of them watching as the "boss" stirs the elixir for the birds.
Once Tyler got tired of the mixing, he decided to harass the caterpillar Mikayla found by the sandbox. I don't think it ever came out of it's terrified huddled mass but he found it pretty "touchable." It was rather soft and squishy but my job was to protect it in case Tyler's fingers pushed a little too hard. In the end, before we came inside, we could no longer find it. Luckily the seat covers on my wicker chairs are old and I don't mind a few caterpillar carcasses here and there. Hopefully it made it out alive.

Tonight was a fun night. This afternoon I took a trip to M & L Fabrics in Anaheim (a must for you fabric lovers). My friend, Emily and I could have spent tons more time just looking at fabric but we came only with the need for fabrics for 1 craft each so it limited our buying. When I got home, the kids were up and we spent the rest of the night bathing and reading and playing with them. I love nights like that with no tv, no fighting, just the four of us relaxing and entertaining each other. Luckily we had library books to read since I finally got up the nerve to enter the library with my 2 children last week to get something different to read. I don't think we were in there longer than 15 minutes choosing books because any longer and I lose my youngest in the aisles.

Tyler is pretty good at making a tower of blocks. He got it pretty high but then decided that there were other, more exciting ways of playing with them...
Laying on the floor and throwing them straight up in the air. Of course, the result was that they would come crashing down onto his face but he seemed to enjoy that aspect of it.
Another picture of my precious little girl. She's drinking a honeydew iced drink, one of my favorites from this Chinese place by the place we get dim sum. We buy 4 of them because one is free and then we freeze them for those cravings throughout the week. We haven't done it in a while but my loving husband bought me one the other day to soothe my bad day. He knows that yummy drinks are what make my world go round. He's such a loving hubby.

2 comments:

Trying to Love, Laugh & Live said...

That's great fun, Riva!!! Thanks for giving me a little more insight into what a boy is like!!! I hope you are resting as much as you can... we are so excited to see little Miss Lee, soon!

Anonymous said...

Tyler's legs look just like Mollie's -- full of rolls!
-Emily