Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Cookies

I'm not feeling the greatest. Back pain has caused me to succomb to other forms of child entertainment besides myself, mainly the tv and outside. Now I don't like admitting that my children have watched videos for 3 hours straight but what can I do if I don't want to pick up all of the thousands of toys in the back room or get down on the floor and play with them. Since I've been kind of delinquent the last few days, I decided to whip out the mixer and make a batch of chocolate chip cookies with the kids. They love helping with this kind of stuff so it makes for a pretty good hour of entertainment. Of course, the only reason Mikayla loves helping is that she gets to lick the beaters and have chocolate chips. Tyler doesn't care for the dough as much (must have come from Will's side) but he does love helping in the kitchen. As much as I hate to admit it, one of the reasons I suggested cookies was because I love licking the spoon too. I know, I'm pregnant and shouldn't have raw cookie dough but if it hasn't hurt my other 2 kids, this one should be immune too.

Here are the 2 of them smelling the result of their labor. Mikayla claimed it was so good she could eat all of it and then said it smelled like paper...okaaaayyy.

Tyler couldn't help but want to lick the bowl.

Can't leave the fish out!

Mikayla loves being silly for the camera. She was so happy to get chocolate chips so the cheesiness came out tenfold.

I love baking with the kids. Most of the time I'll bake and send the cookies to Will's work with him. That way I get the need out of my system and other people get to enjoy a little sweetness.

No comments: