Mr. Stox was the site of our 8 year anniversary dinner. OK, our anniversary is really tomorrow but tonight was the only night my parents could watch the kids. Mr Stox has been the location of the last few years of our anniversary dinners, mainly because it's in the entertainment book and you feel really rich when you eat there. It's one of those places where they clean the bread crumbs off of the tablecloth with a crumb knife and a sweep of the wrist.

These onion rings were delicious. It was kind of funny to see onion rings at a restaurant of this caliber but they were one of the cheapest appetizers and they went really well with our prime ribs.

Here's my half of the cow, literally. I will be honest and say that I almost finished it. I left the darker portion (the best part) for leftovers. The busboy was actually going to take it away had I not said, "could I have a box for that?" I didn't know if that was an "uncool" thing to do at that type of restaurant but I had to explain to him that that was the best part. It was delicious!!

Here's a shot of us and our steaks. We had so much fun just being able to chat without children and act like adults. When the waitress asked if there was anything else we needed, Will's comment kind of threw her off. He got so tired after eating that he said, "yeah, a bed?" Luckily, she took that as, "now you're tired from the food," and said, "lots of good food, huh?" Realizing that the comment might have sounded bad, we were both glad that the check was coming.

Before the check, our dessert came. It was really cute and creative. They had taken our names down when we sat down and gave us a balloon at the beginning of dinner and then Baked Alaska for dessert. The writing was done in white chocolate so it thickened and was delicious with the chocolate ice cream under the poof of whipped cream. YUM! All in all, it was a great night and I'm looking forward to many more years with my sweetheart!
3 comments:
YUM! Now.... I have this incredible craving for A1 Sauce:). Happy Anniversary! You guys are a wonderful couple and such an example of a Godly Team! Lots of love on your special day!
Emily
I am very impressed that you all took picts of the food. You are dedicated blogger, Riva. I think you're husband should have one too, however. Happy Anniversary!
Matt, I do have a blog, but it's a photo blog, www.totalee.net. =) William
Post a Comment