Saturday, November 17, 2007

Supplying the Scavengers...

I finally decided to have a garage sale to get rid of all those big items I didn't initially want to donate. Reluctant to go about it on my own, I was THRILLED when my friend Emily agreed to join in the sale. She's a real garage sale veteran and knows how it's done! She brought over a load of stuff which was great because it made the sale really attractive to those garage sale hoppers. Right away we had hunters who wanted everything for $1 but the day produced a pretty good turnout for Emily and me. I think I only made enough for a reasonable fast food dinner for the family but the fun part was sitting with Emily, chatting while the boys took care of the kids (for the most part). Here we are in the spot I liked the best, the chair. Getting up from this position required a little work but I made it. Note the apron on Emily, I'm talking hard core garage saler!!
Here's Josh, Emily's husband, on kid duty. They did a great job with the kids and even went out and got pizza for their hungry wives in the middle of the morning. What great sports!

Thanks, guys, for your help and your company. We love being with you and to be with you AND make money, what a combo! =)

1 comment:

Emily said...

WOW!!!! Those are some really attractive pictures.... Josh looks a little bitter about his daddy duty:) We had a great time! Hey get this..... we went to McDonalds and both got our own COMBO meal! That's right no 99 cent menu tonight baby! We went all out! Needless to say our earnings are pretty much gone ;)Well worth it!