Thanks, Emily...I guess you can tag people on blogs to write about random things and you're the first one to do it to me. I'm supposed to share 7 weird/random things about myself and then tag another blogger to do the same. It may take a little thinking to come up with 7 things due to the fact that I don't feel like I'm that weird or random but I'll try.
1. I'm an identical twin and love sharing my "looks" with someone else (except when I become pregnant and people wonder who the twins are). It has been a blessing to have her as my best friend through life, to be able to talk to her about anything, and share life's experiences with her.
2. I'm a fabric junkie. I could seriously spend all day looking at fabric and daydream about how to use it. The funny thing is that I only started quilting about 2 years ago and now it's become an addiction. I find myself trying to come up with new reasons to go shopping for cute fabrics. I've also bought several quilting books and have yet to make the patterns in them. Sewing is a dangerous hobby!
3. I love my reality tv shows. I'm not into the "let's watch someone live life for 24 hours straight" like Big Brother but give me a show like Survivor, Amazing Race and Top Chef and you've got me hooked.
4. I'm a graphic designer and love anything to do with designing and creating. I do the occasional freelance logo but I really love to design every invitation and baby announcement for our family. It's definitely a creative outlet for me. This love of "layout" leads me to read scrapbook magazines for pleasure and create scrapbooks for each of my children.
5. I used to love the smell of any melon lotion until I got sick with my first pregnancy. Now, the smell reminds me of a lipgloss I bought when I was 6 weeks pregnant in Chicago at one of Will's conventions. I promptly got sick for the next 12 weeks. I mean really sick. Even now, memories come flooding back if I use a melon lotion or soap. Now that I'm on the subject, I also hate weedy salad for the same reason. I'm talking about the kind with those spiderwebby lettuce leaves they call "gourmet." Why would someone go out to the garden and pick weeds to eat? Then they charge double the price while you're looking for hidden bugs...not my idea of "gourmet."
6. I know this one will sound weird but that's the point, right? I don't like going to any store for only one item. If I'm out of Chicken broth, I'll use something else. To think of having to go to the grocery store or any other store makes me want to break down and cry. I think all of you with kids can understand the unwillingness to strap the kids in, drive to the store, unstrap the kids, get the in a cart, strap them in, grab one item (and 10 more on the way), unstrap them, put them in the car, strap them in, drive home, unstrap them, and use that one item. See, it's a headache just reading it!
7. One of my favorite movies is A Few Good Men. This may sound like a strange choice for a stay-at-home mom but, for some reason, it's like comfort food to me. Whenever I'm working on a project or laying sick on the couch, it's just one of those movies that I know and like to watch. I do have other favorites that are more "girly" but this one just comforts me somehow.
Well, there you have them, the 7 weird/random things about me. I'm sure there are many more but I'm having a hard enough time with these 7. I'm tagging Cara, Kristy and Heidi, if you feel like doing it. Good luck!
1 comment:
I loved the idea of sharing things! What a great way to give smiles and chuckles. Thanks for the insight to more about Riva and the joys of motherhood!
Post a Comment