Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My Son

Look at this precious face. Today I had the opportunity to be alone with Tyler since Grammie took Mikayla on a special date to Fashion Island. I decided to do a little shopping for Christmas gifts in my alone time with Tyler. Normally, the car ride is filled with 2 voices trying to get my attention and usually Mikayla wins out but I think Tyler knew he could now say whatever he wanted to without Mikayla's interruption. Keeping in mind he is in his 2's, here's a normal conversation... Mommy, mommy, mommy
yes
mommy, mommy
yes, baby, what
mommy, car is outside?
yes, there is a car outside
mommy, mommy
what
mommy, car outside?
yes, there sure is, what color is it?
mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy
yes (while he's still saying mommy) yes, yes
mommy, car is outside?
ya
car outside?
yes, tyler, there's a car outside. Isn't it pretty?
{pause}
mommy, mommy, mommy
what, Tyler (a little impatient)
car is outside? outside?
YES, there is a car outside
mommy, mommy
{silence}
mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy
WHat baby?
car is outside?
yes, you've told me that LOTS of times, sweetheart
mommy, mommy
WHAT???
{silence because mommy's voice was too loud}

For some reason, my son likes to repeat things over and over. Mikayla was satisfied with one or two times. Thirty times isn't enough for him. I'm praying for the patience to make it through this cute, yet exhausting "stage" in his development. Who could be mad for long at those big cheeks and cute giggles. I only wish that daddy could answer for mommy on those days when patience is hard to come by but daddy's answer somehow isn't what he wants.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? I answer him! You just beat me to it most of the time. Besides, he's calling for MOMMY! Love you dear! =)

Hubby

Mihir said...

landed here at random... such a cute blog :)

Kristy said...

I cannot TELL you how many times I've had that exact same conversation with Judah. Especially if it's a train outside.
I'm not sure why it gets frustrating so fast (I mean, how hard is it to just keep answering?) but it really really does!

Emily said...

I tagged you! :)