Saturday, October 6, 2007

You Can Be Jealous...

In our attempts to repaint and basically redo the back half of our house in 2 months, along came a project I've been dreaming about for years. Luckily for me, my dad is an expert carpenter and had the tools and the idea of how to do storage in my garage. Can I just say that I've died and gone to heaven. Will I actually fill this storage cabinet?? I think not!! It's so big that I'm just giddy with excitement thinking of how many scrapbook supplies and fabrics I can put out here. Thank you dad for all of your hard work and your labor of love. I cannot imagine a more functional, extraordinary, ingenious group of garage shelves than the ones you made. I can finally start putting my stress to good use. Oh, I guess I should thank my hubby for helping my dad put them up this morning. Good job, babe!! Here's another view. The wood inside are the shelves that each cubby can hold-up to 2. I just have to decide how high I want them so Will can install them. The bookshelf in the corner is the last painting project for the back room that I just whipped up this afternoon.
Another big shout of thanks goes to my friend Emily for helping me paint the green in the entire back room. Without her, I'd probably still be rolling color onto the wall. I graciously let her do the part by the ceiling since my back would probably give out and it's my least favorite job. It didn't take super long but it was interrupted by child issues and movie changes to keep them busy. Emily, I can't thank you enough for helping me and for giving me adult conversation as I worked away.
A few days ago I painted the light pink. Thanks to my mom for taking the kiddos early Friday so I didn't have fingerprints of light pink all over the house. I so appreciate your willingness to help me out. Sitting on the ground was better than standing on a ladder so that part was easy. The dark pink stripes were done this morning and I think they came out pretty well. The last part is finding a neutral/white border to go inbetween and then I'm going to stamp butterflies on the wall in various places. Mikayla is excited but she's much more excited about the fish I promised her when we're finished and it has a place to stay. (It will be a very low-maintenance fish like one of those bettas because we've had experience with tanks of more elaborate nature.)


Room almost finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I absolutely love the room! I'm also very jealous of your storage. If you don't fill it all, maybe you can rent us out a few shelves. :)
Love you guys!
Christie

Cara said...

It looks good! You have to give me the exact colors of the room, ok? I need them for something. Like brand, color, Home Depot or Lowe's, etc. Hee hee. All that work has paid off! Love you!