Thursday, October 18, 2007

Shot Therapy

Tyler turned 2 and, with it, came a Dr.'s appointment complete with 2 shots. I had told Mikayla that she might have to have a flu shot and she wasn't thrilled with the idea but I don't think she realized how scared she'd be until the nurse walked into the office with the needle. Panicking was an understatement and I had to wrap my legs around hers so she didn't kick me to kingdom come but it was over in an instant and she had a tweety bandaid to show for it. Tyler was next and he barely let out a whimper. The only thing he wanted was for me to open his lollipop.

Whenever we get shots, we take a trip to our local Rite Aid (which is way too close to the house) and get their 99 cent/scoop ice cream to make us feel better. In this shot, I asked them to show me their bandaids. Tyler had a bandaid on his finger from something that happened in his crib last night so he showed his finger. Obviously that was more memorable than a few shots in the arm. After downing our black cherry and chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, life was better.

Mikayla making her silly face. She was so excited for ice cream.

Tyler had to eat it on his own with his own spoon. He gave me dirty looks when I tried to steal some but he did share a little. It's amazing how something so little could eat so much.


2 comments:

Mr Lego Designer's Mom said...

Ice cream always makes things feel better... wish we had an ice cream shop close to our home=) Think it's time to ask Brant to make an ice cream run on his way home tonight!

Anonymous said...

Hey Riva!! This is Kari Ketterlinlg your labor and delivery nurse at presbyterian (for Tyler)!! I know it has been a while, but I was going through my box at work and I found one of your family Christmas pictures! I am so excited that you are expecting again. When is your due date? Are you going to Dr. Melnik still? My husband is at Talbot and I think he has had your dad as a teacher! Anyway, if you want to email me that would be great... Karijoy1981@hotmail Talk to you later! =)