Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Party

We just got back from the Harvest party for our class at church and, let me say, our friends are pretty creative. I'd post everyone's pictures on here but there were so many so you'll just have to believe me when I say I was pretty impressed by the creativity. On to our costumes. I just wanted to show you a picture of Tyler dressed in his "final" outfit with the red shirt underneath. Before we left, he wanted nothing to do with the "ba-boo" (spider) outfit but once we forced it on him out of the car at the church, he kept it on all night. He made mommy proud. I didn't get many pictures of Mikayla because she was running around with her friends the whole night and it was pretty dark in the room. She loved being Ariel!

Here's a shot of our family before we left for the big party. The shiny thing on my forehead is the remnants of white hairspray that really wasn't there but left an eerie glistening spot where I had washed it off. Cheryl, my cousin, and I were almost unconscious after she encased my hair with the entire aeresol can of white hairspray. You did a good job, Cheryl. It just looked like I had dandruff whenever an itch needed to be scratched. This is pretty much the only good picture we have of the family, much to my dismay. The shots in the room came out pretty dark so all my work is portrayed in this single shot. Whoever got a good picture, I'd love to have a copy. It's hard to sit the whole family down and get a good picture. As you can see, Will is completely in character. I couldn't decide what "in character" was for me because my eyebrows certainly don't arch like Ursula and my smile isn't as sinister either so I just looked normal. Sorry, Will.

Here's my impression of Ursula. The red lips really add that pizzazz, don't they? I think my lips will be stained for a few weeks following this application. Well, there you have it. The end of costumes until next year comes around. Now I need to get some sleep. The car ride was the quietest ever since both the kids fell asleep in about 5 minutes. Since neither one took a nap today after waking up at 4:30 in the morning, it was about time.


1 comment:

Trying to Love, Laugh & Live said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! It was so great to see all of you! (I hope you don't mind, but I posted a picture of you guys on my blog) If you want a copy I'd be happy to send it to you! Your costumes were GREAT!

Love you all!