Mikayla has made a wonderful new friend this past month named Bekah. They get along so well together. This picture was taken in the only moment of silence between the two-they were so focused on coloring their pictures that there was no girl chatter. Bekah's mom, Emily, has become a good friend to me as well and, because of her, I finished the butterflies in the room in record time! She would disagree that she made that much of an impact but she was my motivation to getting it done. Thanks Emily!

I tried to take a picture of the butterflies on the wall but they didn't turn out as accurately as they look on the wall. They looked exactly how I wanted them to look which is a welcome change from some projects taken on in the last few months. Mikayla helped me paint the white base of the butterflies and it was a process. Not only did we have to stamp them on the wall, we had to touch them up with paint because they weren't filled in enough with just the stamp. Needless to say, you can tell which ones Mikayla helped me with but one of them definitely had the Mikayla touch. I had left her in the room while I washed my brush and she came out with a triumphant look on her face. She said, "mommy, I gave my butterfly a head!" When I saw it on the closet door, I had to laugh. I haven't taken a picture of it but it is the only butterfly with enlarged antennae. I figured that it was her room and she should have one specially painted by her. No butterfly needs to look the same as his friends.
3 comments:
Hey you its me Laura your cuz. I dont think I have told you congrats on the new baby. Will congrats I tried the blogger thing but I actually like myspace a little more gives you more stuff to play with and its amazing the old friends I have seen since I was 18 if you ever get the chance look it up it http://myspace.com/laurazhang you can see Lisa's too. Will love ya and God Bless Laura
The butterflies look great!!!
Riva, the butterflies!! I remember you getting that set at the stamping party and ever since I've been waiting to see you put them on the wall. They look great!! Such an arteeest.
love, gracee
Post a Comment