Saturday, October 27, 2007

Up at 4:30???

4:30am is an abominable time. It is also the hour that most of our family woke up this morning. It's not like it's unusual for us to wake up at that time but we can fall back asleep again either on the couch or the bed until the "real" wake up time at 5:00 or 5:30. Certain circumstances have changed this "ideal" setup as of late. Since Tyler's been sleeping in his big boy bed, we find him more often on the floor than the mattress since he's constantly rolling around. This morning, Will found him by the door of his room, a full 4 feet from his bed. We've come to the conclusion that we just need to fork out the cash and buy a bed rail. The pillows are cushioning the fall but not preventing the problem.

Anyway, back to the 4:30 because I've got to vent it out of my system. At about 4:50, Mikayla calls from her room for a kleenex and it must be brought by yours truly. She blows halfheartedly and I go back to bed. No more than 2 minutes later she asks for another one. By the 3rd time, we're all awake and Tyler is pointing to go "outside." Will goes out to the living room, in the dark, to try to pacify Tyler and I attempt to get a little more sleep with Mikayla in our bed. It's useless and it's still DARK outside when the entire Lee family retreats to the couch and watches Monster's, Inc!!!! Since I had gone to bed at about 11:30 after watching the TiVo'd version of The Biggest Loser, my patience level and my sleep level were greatly compromised.

Here's hoping that the rest of the day doesn't go as gloriously as this morning. So, I decided to post some pictures of the quilt my mom made and the butterflies I hung from the ceiling of the girl's room.

The front of the quilt-an irish chain.
The back of the quilt.

The butterflies... I have a little issue with Target on this one. These 2 beautiful butterflies matched the girl's room beautifully so I splurged (it wasn't too much) and bought them. I opened the package and looked everywhere for directions as to how to hang them but found none. The only other item with the butterflies was a little bit of fishing line. It seemed easy enough but getting them to stay facing down and not on their side was like doing an engineering experiment. Needless to say, if you even TRY to take these butterflies down, bring a pair of scissors.

No comments: