Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Without Will

Since Will's been gone these last few days, I've been trying to keep myself busy so the time goes by faster. Last night I had my friend, Talitha, over with her daughter, Ellia. It's been so long since we've seen each other and every time we've tried to get together someone gets sick so it was good to finally be able to hang out. Her daughter had so much fun with my kids and we vowed to get together more often. The kids had so much fun on out slide out back and I captured this "JCPenney moment" when they were all coming down at once. The latest happening around here is that I've been feeding Lynnea fruit puffs. Actually, I got her the sweet potato ones (they were 99 cents at the store). She's still learning how to chew but I guess it's kind of tough with no teeth still. My other kids got teeth at 6 months but she's still toothless at 7 1/2 months. She's completely on formula now-mommy's body is tired...
Here are Tyler and Mikayla "helping" her eat her puffs. I think it was harder for her to eat them with them helping her than by herself. Of course, if she grabs them herself, usually they end up in her lap. It's amazing how quickly she's growing and developing.
Ahh, finally I can do it myself!
Mikayla started swimming lessons this week. My daughter has never been in a large swimming pool without arm floaties so this was a new experience. She has been very brave getting into the water, even jumping off the side (which I would have panicked about at her age). The teacher is really good about helping her whenever she needs it. Mikayla loves her teacher and thinks she's beautiful. Every morning she wakes up and immediately gets into her swimsuit for the few hours before swimming. I'm glad she's enjoying it.
They do a little swimming in the pool and then they get to jump into the water. Let me just tell you that little boy in the blue is quite a character. He's definitely one that needs to be heard. In fact, he even talked back to me when they were showering after lessons when I told him to let everyone else have a turn. I think it's so sad when kids get disrespectful so young.
Anyway, I could go on and on but I'll just show you a picture of my daughter jumping. I cannot tell you how proud I was to see her launch off the side. How brave!!
Needless to say, she'll probably swim better than me after her first 2 week session. I think I might be able to dogpaddle out of the deep end. Yes, it's embarassing to admit but I could stand to brush up on my strokes.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Way to go, Mikayla! I l-o-v-e your pink swimsuit...I think I may have that exact one myself ;-)

Where did your daddy run off to now, Vegas again??

Mama Griffith, said...

None of my kiddos got thier teeth till after thy turned one! we learned to gom everything in our house. Our favorite melt away snack was pirats booty, rice puffs covered in cheese even I like them. You are so brave. I am still having a hard time letting daisy go to vbs. I think its because she is my first. or perhaps its because she is so very talkative and friendly that I worry she would go anywhere with anyone. *sigh* the life of a mom 'eh

heidi said...

I love the new look of your blog, Riva!!! So many adventure this summer... so glad you are keeping us updated through your blog!

I am so sorry about your Papa's death, but I am so encouraged by your stories of his faith! What a legacy he has left his family! I am sending you a big hug, Riva!

I miss the days of learning to use Veggie Puffs! Thanks for giving me a baby fix through your blog! Lynnea is so cute!

I really hope we can you all very soon...we miss you, my friend!