We immediately went to California Adventure since we hadn't spent much time there. We rode the Monster's ride which was great but loud and then went to the Muppet 3D show. Even Lynnea made good use of her 3D glasses. When I tried them on her during the show, she actually watched it for a few seconds. It must have been an interesting experience in her 6 month old brain.
Then we went to the new Toy Story ride. A side note-Lynnea LOVES the bar for the car seat on the stroller. Usually, you're supposed to take it off when you're not using the car seat but she likes sucking on it while we're pushing her. This is her position the entire time she's being walked. I think people at Disneyland thought it was a little strange to see this little person biting on her stroller (or as one girl called it, "gnawing." That sounded a little animalistic. I prefer biting.)
Tyler, showing us his map of which he was so proud.
The Toy Story ride was definitely the highlight!!! It was so much fun and Mikayla did really well. It's just like a big arcade game-in 3D, complete with scores. I'll have to go back and play again. Daddy beat us all, of course.
Then came the ferris wheel. For those of you that know me, you KNOW that heights are not my specialty. My palms sweat, I sometimes get numb feet and, in those rare occasions, start hyperventilating. All three of these things happened when Mikayla had to go on the ferris wheel and I decided I'd put on a brave face and ride it with the family. She was so excited. I had to keep making her sit down because it was making me nervous when she got off the seat. Here I am looking completely calm. It's all a facade.
Tyler inherited my fear of heights. He was a little unsure about the whole experience, especially since it took SOOOO long to go around one time. When I thought the ride was finally over, a chirpy-voiced girl said, "one more time!" I almost yelled, "no, we're done!"
Coincidentally, right when we got off the ferris wheel, we got to watch the Electric Parade. This brings me back to my childhood and it was fun to watch the kids watch the parade. They waved at everyone and got excited to see the princesses and Peter Pan.
Then Lynnea had enough...
We went on Storybook and then Casey Junior and then headed out to go home, at 11:00pm. The kids were definitely dreaming Disney when they got home and went to bed, around 11:45.
This last picture is the result of putting blogging before cleaning. I knew there were those of you who wanted an update on the Lee household so I let the messy house sit there a while longer and got on the computer. Needless to say, I feel kind of overwhelmed and behind in my "mothering." With life happening around me, I feel like I can never catch up...just survive. Thanks to those of you left kind words about my Papa. The service is on the 19th. It will be quite emotional but good to see family. Keep them in your prayers!
3 comments:
The floor looks swept, I say you're doing good. So there are a few piles. Nothing too major. I miss you. Glad I can stay pseudo connected through your blog!
:) Christie
I'm sure we could all post similar annotated "mess" pictures from our own houses, so don't feel bad!
Our D-Land passes expired in May :-(
Do you guys "flavor" the stroller bar for Lynnea? She looks like she's really going after it...
Post a Comment