It took a while to find the right shape and size frames for his face. It seemed like some of the frames were made for children and others just looked very odd on his face. Since he's wider in the cheekbones (those fabulous asian genes), it was hard to find a pair that spanned across his eyes and still looked cool. I think we chose wisely, don't you? Calvin Klein I might add.
So, our household is finally back to a semi-normal state. Yesterday, Tyler had absolutely no food and Mikayla threw up her entire lunch and went the rest of the day with no food so we had to entertain them somehow (after the tv had been on almost the entire day). I kicked myself about the tv but I can justify it. #1, I didn't want to get exposed to them by playing with them face to face and #2, I didn't want to have to find them in the house when I heard the telltale "cough." All of you moms know what I mean when I say that. You just know it's not a cough. Yuck. I won't expand.Anyway, the troops were getting restless and Tyler was asking for drinks every 10 seconds. I suddenly came up with a great idea and whipped out my iPod to let them listen to some songs. Here, Tyler is listening to "Life is a Highway" by Rascal Flatts. One of his favorite movies is CARS so he was enjoying it.
In this next picture, Mikayla is trying to stay mad that she can't eat or drink, thus the pursed lips. She like the iPod for a few minutes but then wanted to do something else. Typical Mikayla...
Can you see the excitement in their faces? Ice chips for dinner. Hey, if it keeps the throwup down, I'm all for not putting anything of substance into their bodies. They ate the ice chips like it was the best ice cream in the world.
We've been playing a lot today, maybe to make up for yesterday when they just laid around all day. We played Yahtzee Jr. (the Mickey Mouse version) and then drew this picture of streets on butcher paper for their cars. No car has driven on it yet because Mikayla was trying to draw the perfect campground but it was fun to color. I started having flashbacks to when Cara and I made streets for our cars. We even put in Sea World...remember Cara? I used to think it was so much fun to park a car, leave it there for a while and then drive it somewhere else. Don't ask me why that was so thrilling. Maybe it seemed like real life? Anyway, here is part of the work in progress.
Just had to throw in a shot of Lynnea. Gotta be fair.Thanks for the prayer for the kids getting better. I'm crossing my fingers that the rest of us don't come down with it. Luckily it was only a 24 hour thing.

2 comments:
My daddy says, welcome to the glasses club, Will. Dad's been "looking" for glasses that look good on his face since the 1st grade. Still looking...
Glad everyone is feeling a bit better...
My sisters and I used to do the same thing -- drawing cities on paper and driving cars around them. AND, I used to love parking the cars the best too! How weird!
Post a Comment