I decided to go over to my mom's house the other day to give my kids a break from our house and one of the highlights of the day was water. The pool was secondary only to the water guns my mom brought out. The battle became one-sided quickly. Tyler's hands didn't quite reach the trigger far enough to shoot it accurately so Mikayla soaked him before he even learned how to use it. When either mom or I tried to help him out, we ended up getting squirted in the crossfire. Of course, the excitement of shooting your brother wears off when he has collapsed on the grass in frustration so we'll have to wait a few years for Tyler's hands to get stronger.
Here's his "battle-face." He scrunches up his nose when he is in battle mode. I think the water shot about 2 inches.
Mikayla's face of delight after soaking her defenseless brother.
The next part of the afternoon involved mom pulling 50+ pounds of weight in the wagon-go mom! You don't even want to know how many photos I took of this activity but, believe it or not, this was the only one that all of their faces are visible and look somewhat good. I think the baby is saying, "what kind of family was I born into, anyway??"
After this, there was a lot of peach-picking, beetle-dodging, lunch-gorging, popsicle-dripping fun. Thanks, mom, for entertaining the troops.Today I went over to my friend, Aly's, house. The kids and I had a great time hanging out. The pool was brought out, much to the excitement of my water-lovers. Aly had her 3rd baby right after I had Lynnea so it's been fun to see them grow together (Blake already out-weighs Lynnea).
The girls eating fishy crackers (fitting for a day in the pool) and chatting. It's fun to watch Mikayla develop friendships with other girls. We just laugh at the things they talk about.
Here are Lynnea and Blake together. Thanks, Camryn, for the hand holding my child from falling off of the couch. She's in the "i want to crawl" stage and has to get up on her knees and hands every time she's put on a flat surface.
The kids had their own tea party with grapes. They had so much fun playing that I had a hard time putting them back into the car to go home. I had to promise we'd hang out again. By the way, thanks Matt for letting me take your wife away from you for the morning....oh, and for clearing the backyard of dog poop. I really appreciated that!!
The girls eating fishy crackers (fitting for a day in the pool) and chatting. It's fun to watch Mikayla develop friendships with other girls. We just laugh at the things they talk about.
Here are Lynnea and Blake together. Thanks, Camryn, for the hand holding my child from falling off of the couch. She's in the "i want to crawl" stage and has to get up on her knees and hands every time she's put on a flat surface.
The kids had their own tea party with grapes. They had so much fun playing that I had a hard time putting them back into the car to go home. I had to promise we'd hang out again. By the way, thanks Matt for letting me take your wife away from you for the morning....oh, and for clearing the backyard of dog poop. I really appreciated that!!

1 comment:
You are so funny! Matt says "no problem". :) Thanks for the fun day, it was great! We'll have to plan dinner one of these nights...
Post a Comment