Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Something New

I'm a fan of cooking. I may not try new recipes near as much as I'd like but, when I have the time, I enjoy trying new things. My friend, Mina, gave me one of her gorgeous butternut squash's from her garden (can we call veggies gorgeous?) Oh well, it was a pretty nice specimen. All week it sat on my counter, taunting me.
"I'll bet you can't make me taste really good. You've tried...Will doesn't like me...what are you gonna do about it?"

So I took on the challenge. I looked up recipes on my favorite website and found one that I could do with the ingredients I had.
If you click on the picture, you'll get the recipe. I cut up a squash (about 1/4 inch slices), coated them with a little olive oil and sprinkled them with Mrs. Dash. Then I baked it in the oven at 425 for 20 minutes, turning them at 10 minutes and they came out wonderful!! The kids didn't like them too much but I could have eaten them all.

A new milestone has hit our household-Lynnea is now 7 months old! I can't believe my little girl is already half a year plus some. Here she is, perfectly composed and flashing her beautiful smile.
Then she noticed the platypus next to her and started mauling it to death. Once the platypus was in the death grip, the photo session was over. Poor thing.
Another something new was the beginning of the goal I had set for myself, to catch up (oh, and to START) Lynnea's scrapbook. Some of you who do Creative Memories or who actually have a portable scrapbook "tote" can now finally understand why I cannot take part in scrapbook parties. When I do my scrapbook, my living room ceases to exist. It becomes a Michael's store all on its own.
No, really, it's coming along. I'm just proud of myself for actually starting the huge endeavor.
Oh, and another something new. I joined Facebook (a networking website). I had told myself I'd never join anything like that and now I can't stop logging in. I just love to see who I know in the massive network. I've found some old friends, people from high school and college. So far, it's been lots of fun but I won't have too much time to devote to it so I hope my Facebook friends understand.

4 comments:

Lauren @ Team Giles said...

I think I about JUMPED out of my skin when I saw you joined facebook!! Yeaaa! I keep telling Amanda to join, Sarah's on there too! WEE!! Get Cara to join too! Oh exciting times my friends, exciting times! :)

Jenna said...

Hmmm, I'm not so sure about the squash, but my daddy says it looks good. Oh, and is the platypus OK? I'm worried about the poor platypus...

Robin said...

Good for you in all of your new endeavors!!!! I still haven't gotten past "delivery" in Abby's Scrapbook.....go get 'em : )

Anonymous said...

I love AllRecipes.com too!
See you soon! Love, talitha