The man who cut Mikayla's hair was very unsure about cutting as much as I wanted off (just below her shoulder) and we mutually agreed that cutting about 5 inches instead of 6 or so would be just as pretty. My main concern was the ease of taking care of it from now on. Mikayla was so good and sat so still while he worked his magic and it ended up being a great experience.Saturday, December 29, 2007
The Haircut
"Ouch, mommy," is all I hear when I try to hack through the knots created by hours of sleep and play in my daughter's hair. Will and I kept saying that we would get her hair cut but we never got around to it until this morning's round of brushing. After many tears, we decided to do the deed today and got Mikayla really excited about getting a real haircut. Here's her before picture.
The man who cut Mikayla's hair was very unsure about cutting as much as I wanted off (just below her shoulder) and we mutually agreed that cutting about 5 inches instead of 6 or so would be just as pretty. My main concern was the ease of taking care of it from now on. Mikayla was so good and sat so still while he worked his magic and it ended up being a great experience.
The man who cut Mikayla's hair was very unsure about cutting as much as I wanted off (just below her shoulder) and we mutually agreed that cutting about 5 inches instead of 6 or so would be just as pretty. My main concern was the ease of taking care of it from now on. Mikayla was so good and sat so still while he worked his magic and it ended up being a great experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Look at you..... looking all wonderful and stuff! I love the hair cut..... makes her look older :(. :) Your kids are BEAUTIFUL! love you guys.....
Wow... I seriously know of no child that is as "Photogenic" as Mikayla. It seems like all you have to do is point a camera her way and you get a good picture. (Cheryl has a ton of good ones as well)
Impressive. I have issues with keeping my eyes open when I see a flash coming, much less smiling at the same time! At this point in the game I will mark up her good style sense to her mother though... =)
~Ben
Thanks for the sweet comment Ben but what am I, chop liver??? Love you bro! =)
Will
Riva - I love looking at your pictures. I got a Christmas picture and letter from you 12 days after you gave birth. How in the world did you do it? I'm so impressed. :-) You have a sweet family.
Wow! Mikayla let you get her hair cut?!? That's amazing. It looks really good. Maybe she'll let me style it when I come back...
Will, I thought you knew you are chopped liver by now. Hmmm.
Hey! I followed your lead... check out my blog to see the haircut I gave Shelbi!
Mikayla's hair looks great! She's a beautiful little lady... but that's no surprise knowing who her mother is!
Miss you friend!
Post a Comment