I went to the doctor today to see the "status" of my impending labor and discovered, much to my chagrin, that I am not effaced or dilated in the slightest degree. This brought about a little emotion since I was hoping that my third child would come into this world earlier than my other 2, who had to be induced from me, but it looks like the pattern is continuing. Needless to say, if anyone who is pregnant and starts complaining about "wanting the baby out" at 38 or so weeks, I say, "try carrying it to full term and beyond." To ease my suffering, my wonderful husband bought me a blueberry pie from Polly's which made me feel a little better. I know it's all in God's timing but it sure is hard to wait sometimes, especially in the midst of pain and discomfort.
We can't wait to meet our little girl and covet your prayers when I do go into labor that it will be smooth and complication free. I go in next week on Wednesday to get checked again and then they will schedule me to be induced on Friday night. This means that they will start the induction process at night and then I will be ready to labor on Saturday if all goes according to plans. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
6 comments:
I am soooooo sorry..... we will just have to think of lots of things to keep your mind occupied next week. :)
What a wonderful husband you have, bringing you the pie and all. Way to go Will! (This part is just from Matt)
Christie and I are sorry you have to wait longer for your little girl and we're anxious to meet her too. (This part is from both of us)
Riva, sorry to hear about the delay and now that I am thinking of you. Will nice job on the Pie you are a good husband.
Talk to you soon
Love Dannie
Well, I was rooting for today for you... or was yesterday your Grandma's birthday...
anyway, hang in there, sweetie! Take as much help as you can get, let your kids watch movies (it won't ruin them for life... at least I hope not, I did it with my two before Elijah was born!)
We are praying for a quick, healthy and safe labor... with a cute little Lee girl to make all the pain worth it!
We (the Navarros) will be praying for you!
I know how hard it must be for you to wait, Riv. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you all this week.
I had the same thing happen with Camdyn. My dr. said it didn't look like I was ever going to go into labor on my own (!!) I was finally induced 4 days after my due date since my fluid was too low. I had the cervadil in overnight and labored all the next day with an emergency c-section the next night, which is another story. I'll pray that you don't have any complications like that and that it goes fast and easy...and that you don't get the stomach flu too! Little lady Lee will be here before you know it!
Post a Comment