Saturday, December 15, 2007

In Honor of Lynette

When I found out I was pregnant at the end of March, it was a mix of excitement and sadness. Excitement for the new life inside me but sadness that I couldn't share it with one of my favorite people, my Aunt Lynette who passed away in February of cancer. When I was told that my due date was only one day away from her birthday in December, it made the pregnancy doubly special. In honor of her, I wanted to name our little girl after her in some way. Will came up with the name Lynnea and I loved it. Now every time I see her face and hear her name I will think of the precious person that I miss dearly. Her first middle name, Noelle, we chose for its meaning of "Christmas." It seemed to be perfect for the season.

Lynnea's second middle name is Chinese, like our other 2. Will's dad named her "Wai-Bo" which means "treasure." She is, indeed, a treasure to us and we can't wait to bring her home and start our new family of five.


Lynnea Noelle Wai-Bo Lee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful to have such meaningful and special names for a new life. She's a doll!