Wednesday, December 19, 2007

In A Fog

We've been home from the hospital for 3 days now and I still kind of feel like I'm in a fog as far as life is concerned. I don't think I've quite grasped the concept that I have 3 kids and I'm finished being pregnant. I do still have some of the aches and pains from pregnancy which I'm a little disgusted with (back pain and ligament pain) but all in all, our schedule is going pretty well. I think God knew that I would have many breakdowns if my child didn't sleep so he gave me a baby whose favorite pasttime is sleeping!!!! Can you believe it?!?! I actually have to wake her up to feed her which I didn't think could come from the Lee family. Lynnea is so good and hardly cries at all. Thank you, Lord, for this Christmas blessing!
Our friends, the Murrays, came to see Lynnea and spend some time with us. They brought us a yummy lunch of Chick Fil A and we will be eternally grateful. After you have a baby, especially if you have several other children, the last thing you want to do is prepare food. It was very much appreciated.
We went to my parent's house to attempt to get a good Christmas picture for our late Christmas cards. We were able to get a few shots of just the kids. Even though these smiles are kind of forced, it was one of the cutest ones. I still can't believe I have 3 kids...

The beautiful new addition. I brought her to the doctor today and she has already gained weight. She's a whopping 8 pounds. All of the nurses were amazed that a 5 day old baby had gained weight already. I'm having visions of another big baby. She did shrink a little bit to 19 1/4 inches from 21. The doctor said she's looking great. By the way, isn't this the most adorable hat in the world? Thanks Jenna!!

Big sister Mikayla. She loves her little sister. Her favorite thing to do is hold her and gently stroke her face. I am so blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had such a great time visiting you guys! I can't believe you have three kiddos, either! And, they are all so under control. You guys are amazing! We'll be back to visit soon!
Love,
Matt and Christie

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad things are going so well for you. How nice to have a built-in babysitter (or at least a pair of arms to hold the baby) in Mikayla!
Love,
The Navarros