Friday, December 28, 2007

The Grass is Always Greener

Why is it that one kid always want what the other kid has? For Christmas, Tyler got the Cars characters of Guido (below) and Luigi and they're 2 of his favorite gifts. It seems that, because they look like so much fun to play with, Mikayla wants in on the action. The past few days have been a patience pusher. Every time one of them starts playing with a toy, the other one wants a "turn" too and they end up fighting over it. Let's just say I'm so glad it's Friday and I have some teamwork on the whole parenting thing. For some reason, Christmas brings out the "me too" side of my kids. I can't help but wonder why, with so many new toys, the ONE toy that is being played with is the most desirable. Hopefully it'll calm down a little in the coming days.In other news, our baby turned 2 weeks today. She's still pretty good (she wakes up only about twice a night) but she gets pretty fussy sometimes at night. It might have been the onions I had the other night for dinner. I keep forgetting the "breastfeeding diet" of no onions and no broccoli. One night of bicycling baby legs reminds me to take it easy on the gassy veggies. She's awake for more hours during the day but loves being held just like my other children. This morning I was so proud of myself. Not only did I hold the baby without a carrier, I made pancakes, served my kids and ate breakfast myself at the same time. Now that's talent!
I also had my first outing with the 3 of them. I could see people looking at me as I entered JoAnn's with my stroller and 3 offspring. I would have looked at me the same way. The stroller couldn't have taken much more weight.

I also have to mention that I still have those pregnancy moments but I think now it's carrying into postpregnancy, unfortunately. I was so proud that I had gotten them all in the stroller that I walked away from the van and forgot my purse inside. Scary.. That's in addition to the horror I felt after I drove all the way home and heard my son singing right behind me and realized that I hadn't even buckled him into his carseat.

Besides all of the mishaps, it was so nice to be able to look at fabric, my favorite thing, and just let the 2 older ones play "the monster is going to get us" in the cubbies that housed the fleece fabric and not be stressed. It wasn't as overwhelming as I thought but then my infant wasn't screaming to high heaven and my older ones were pretty well behaved. Who knows, I might attempt it again soon.

No comments: