First of all, Mikayla's still going strong with her desire to take "self-portrait's" of herself. She also took various pictures of objects around the house but they were too blurry to keep. Here's a cute shot she took tonight of her beautiful face.

The Moon Festival was Tuesday night so we joined most of the family at our favorite Chinese restaurant to celebrate the festivities. I usually don't take pictures of us eating, due to obvious reasons, but I thought it would be fun to remember the occasion. Fortunately, we didn't have to eat moon cakes (they resemble fruitcakes and are just as inedible, to me).

Here is the picture of me and Mikayla. We had to bring her color wonder colorbook with us because the dinners usually last at least 2 hours and there were no other cousins her age there to play with. I think, in this picture, we were still waiting for the food...and I'm still smiling! Long story...

Yesterday, a swarm of bees decided that our neighbor's magnolia tree looked like the prime spot to "rest" from their daily activities. There first was a cloud of yellow and black, then they hung out for about a day and today they disappeared, on to their next destination. It is a little unnerving to see this in your front yard but we knew it would soon go away so we just avoided the little guys.
2 comments:
30 weeks!! WooHoo!
Hey, by the way... thanks for your comment on my blog! You are too kind.
You have your hands full, and your tummy, and I am amazed that you still find time to paint bedrooms and lead MOPS!!! YOU are amazing!
Find time to rest, ok? We'll see you soon!
Okay - scary bees!!! But very cool picture! Your kids are SO ADORABLE - they are the perfect mix of you two! I'm know I'd scare them if I did this (as they have no idea who I am), but I just want to squeeze them! :)
Post a Comment