Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Results are In!


It's a GIRL!!

I can't believe it myself. I was so sure I was having a boy that I had convinced myself that it was! The ultrasound tech was very sure of the sex and sealed it into an envelope. We brought that to Mervyn's and chose a girl and a boy outfit and then brought them both to the gift wrapping table. The girl was so excited to find out what it was and, when we opened the gift at Red Robin, both of us were in shock. Will really wanted a girl but I kind of thought it would be convenient to have a boy. Either one will be a welcome addition to our family but, to be honest, it's going to take a few days to get used to the fact that we're having a girl.

8 comments:

Trying to Love, Laugh & Live said...

Wow!!! Congratulations! Girls are the best... especially sisters! I bet Mikayla is really excited!!

So glad that you can start to plan now...

Yeah Pink!

Emily said...

I'm so glad you finally know! It's great that Mikayla is going to have a sister. I'm sure she will be just as stunningly beautiful as your other two children are.

-Emily Navarro

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it. I was so convinced it was a boy, too. Ezra will be happy to have a girl playmate, though. He will not, however, be dressing in princess outfits with her. She better get ready to play with trucks and cars! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mikayla! You were right all along!
-talitha

Robin said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!! We are so excited for you and Will.

I have to agree with Heidi that sisters are the best!!!!!!! I wish one for Abby.

Love you, Robin

Anonymous said...

Yeah, a girl! I knew it! I'm usually right on for some reason. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a great way to find out! Tyler's going to have fun with his sisters.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to ask how you broke the news to Mikayla that she was getting what she wanted - a baby sister! How did you end up telling her?