Monday, December 1, 2008

The Christmas Chain

As you read yesterday, I decided to get my creative juices flowing and help Mikayla create a chain of Christmas "to do's." Written on each chain (for each day) is an activity that we need to finish at some time during the day. Today was "Make Play Doh Christmas Scene" so that's what we did. Of course Tyler wasn't so into the themed Play Doh challenge so he just experimented with the extruder. He was actually able to create a snail which he played with for quite a while.
Here is my creation (I've got to get in on the fun too! This one I actually didn't put back so, yes, it is hard and ready to be thrown away soon. Oh, and I mixed the colors! (gasp). Mikayla kept saying it was sooo cute. You know, when your kid thinks what you've made is pretty cool it makes you feel pretty good...
Here is Mikayla's creation. She showed me her reindeer, complete with eyes made out of...ya, I was trying to figure that out until I finally had to ask her. "Oh, I found them under the couch cushions-they're popcorn kernels." At that point, I wish I wouldn't have asked. With that said, it did turn out pretty good.
And here's another project Mikayla created. It looks like a cookie-good enough to eat.
So that's the end of Day one. Who knows what tomorrow brings?

2 comments:

heidi said...

You've got some GREAT creative juices, Riva! That's a fun project... and what great family time! Fun, fun, fun!

Granny Jo said...

Hi! This will be fun both ways because I can keep up with you, too! Your kids are adorable! The kindergarten one really brings back memories! What goes around, comes around!