My finger is healing pretty nicely. It still hurts and pulls a lot but I thought I'd include a photo (at the end of the entry, for those of you with a hankering to see stitches.
I had to include a shot of Lynnea using a fork. This is a rare sight since it's more work for me to clean up after she uses it than when she just uses her hands. Am I stunting her growth to say that I don't let her use utensils? Is that so wrong?
We also attended Hannah and Lauren's birthday party this weekend. It was a fun day filled with snowmen of all shapes and sizes. Mikayla's marshmallow snowman disappeared mysteriously before we even took it home (many tears were shed over this catastrophe) and we were lovingly given parts for a replacement snowman a few days later (thanks Rebekah!). Tyler enjoys the frosting part of the cookie and they loved hanging out with their friends.
Will and I also went to a Christmas party for our adult fellowship from church. It was so much fun hanging out with our dear friends while our parents watched the kids so graciously. We feasted on tacos, quesadillas and yummy punch. We also got a picture of the 2 of us which only comes around once in a blue moon. If you look closely, you can see Will's hair...it kind of blends in and it is the shortest it's been in a while.
Oh, and we also actually completed a chain activity this afternoon. "Eat a popsicle while pretending to be in snow" was successful. Yay mom!!
Oh, and here's that picture. Scroll no more if you're queasy with stitches.
2 comments:
are you kidding, Riva? I can barely get Izumi to use utensils and she's two and a half! If I really want her to eat something and she's not starving and it's not a dessert then sometimes I have to sit there and feed her like a baby...so no, Lynnea isn't even close to being stunted from lack of using a fork!
Ouchie!!!!!!
Oh, and my daddy likes your new Christmas layout. Good work.
Post a Comment