Third Day is amazing! For quite a while I've enjoyed listening to this Christian band. The deep and hearty voice of the main singer, Mac Powell, is the type that I could listen to all day. When I heard on the radio that they were coming to our area for a Benefit concert, I had to call Cara and see if she wanted to go. Coincidentally, I had put their song, "Call My Name" (one of my favorites) on the slideshow for Tyler a few days prior to hearing about the concert. Just to let you know, the last concert I had been to was Vince Gill (you can stop groaning now). It was college, ok?

Cara and I bought tickets and attended the event last night. Of course, we had to buy a t-shirt since that is definitely required when you attend a concert, and decided to buy the same one. I think that's the first "twinny" thing we've done in a looong time. We had so much fun and even extended the fun time by indulging in Golden Spoon to soothe our post-singing throats (no, I didn't really sing that loud). All in all, it was a great night. I took a few pictures but they don't ever turn out when taken in the dark over 100 feet away...go figure. If you haven't heard this band's songs, I'd highly recommend trying them out, especially if you like the more "rock" sound in Christian music. Their new album, Revelation, is incredible!

2 comments:
Nice pictures--they didn't turn out so bad and what a fun thing for sisters!!!. I have really enjoyed Third Day a lot. Glad you got to see them. Part of getting older is having the fun of occasionally taking in a concert to "chaperone" the teens when in reality we reeeaaally enjoy the music. Nancy
the last concert I went to was the role around america by five iron frenzy-the tour to all those rolerskating rinks. It was ummmm10 years ago! ha Im so glad you got to get out together. fun pics
Post a Comment