Thursday, December 25, 2008

There are no words...

This Christmas was extra special. Look, even Lynnea thought so!My cousin, Julie, her husband, Bill, and their little baby, Ryan, drove down from Northern California to be with us for a few days before Christmas on their way to Arizona to surprise Bill's mom for Christmas. As I write this, they're probably already there and I am already missing them terribly.

Many memories of Christmas, for me, revolve around cousins, Aunts, Uncles, and grandparents so having Julie here around Christmas was such a blessing, especially after what this year has put her through. I'm still amazed by her optimism and zest for life. What a treasure she is in my life! Her husband is pretty amazing too! Tyler took to him pretty quick and even had a quick "rest" on the blow-up air mattress with Bill, complete with sucking of the thumb and his pal, Lightning. Lynnea found him extremely helpful getting around the house and Bill even walked Lynnea-speed so that she wouldn't fall. However, that still didn't stop the eventual de-pantsing of the small child. She was "blessed" with Mikayla's small hips.Bill and Julie brought with them their adorable miracle, Ryan. Let me just say that I could hardly put this guy down all week. He rivals Tyler when he was 7 months in the heft department and literally felt like a sandbag in your arms. Ryan has such a sweet disposition and piercing, beautiful blue eyes. OK, so he wasn't that nice to mommy and daddy when he stayed up all night one night but look at this guy. Wouldn't you forgive him in a heartbeat! Here he is, all smiles, with daddy.On Christmas Eve, we headed over to my parents for some yummy seafood chowder, singing with Gramps around the piano, and several fun gifts to open (can't wait to taste the salsa, Julie & Bill!). Lynnea let Grammie hold her for a little while. Just wanted to thank you, Bill, for being the official babysitter of the week while Julie and I ran errands and just had time together. That was a huge sacrifice, I know. It was greatly appreciated.

No comments: