Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Chain #9

Decorate...
My mind stretched to figure out what to do for this segment of the chain and then it hit me...a gingerbread house. So here is the process and the result.

Tyler, focusing on those little tiny candies. He was very good at placing them, one by one, on the roof. Of course, eating a few along the way was a requirement. It kind of made mommy uneasy since it sounded like he was chewing his teeth down to the gums (those little hard candies aren't easy on the teeth!)Mikayla just wanted to decorate the whole thing so it was sooo hard for her to let Tyler do a little bit of the roof. Here was her telling me, via body language, that she couldn't STAND NOT touching the house.
Here's the finished product. Pretty good if I say so myself.
I don't know why I needed to include this oh-so-attractive shot of myself but the gingerbread house was a group project...

1 comment:

heidi said...

So much fun! I am curious, did you make up all the activities on the chain, or was it something pre-made.

By the way... Good for you! for putting a picture of you in there, too. I am glad to see YOU! Also, there will come a day when it will mean so much to your kids to know that Mommy was there, too.

Love ya Riva! You are fun:)