Saturday, December 13, 2008

Playing Around

OK, so the chain for yesterday of reading a book didn't quite happen as expected but I do read to my children, I really do. It just seems that whenever the chain calls for reading, I fail miserably. Today's activity is making stars so I'll post that later. For now, I thought I'd just post some pictures of the kids and mommy, playing around. Unfortunately, mine ended with a trip to the ER but, first to the kids. Tyler's favorite thing to do is roll around on the floor with Lynnea. She loves it, as you can tell. You can also tell the instant that she's done rolling around by the pterodactyl-type yell she emits for all to hear.All three get along pretty well and I actually got them to pose for a picture together.Lynnea is getting pretty mobile and loves climbing, standing and finding things to push around. She felt so proud of herself on this toy-she got up there all by herself.Now, when mommy plays around, sometimes it results in injury, as it did yesterday. I have a few photo purses to finish by Christmas and decided to hurriedly cut out some fabric with my rotary cutter and mat. Now, you really have no idea how often I've done this and been sooo careful. Today, apparently, wasn't one of those days. All I can recall is holding the ruler against the fabric, running the rotary cutter up the side and feeling an odd feeling of cutting through something a little thicker than fabric. At first, I didn't feel or see anything but the blood quickly came. I immediately called my mom who made it to my house in record time, and she drove me to the hospital where I met Will. 4 stitches and a $100 copay later, my finger is throbbing and I will forever have more respect for a brand new rotary blade. Of course, this was the same day as Mikayla's flu episode that had me up until midnight holding a trash can under her face half the night. Ah, when it rains, it pours. Thankfully, we're all home again, Mikayla recovering nicely and my finger is dreading 10 days from now when the stitches get pulled out.

On to making some paper stars!

1 comment:

Granny Jo said...

Oh, ow!! You kind of expect your kids to get hurt, but it is always a surprise when it happens to you! Hope it heals quickly!