Sunday, November 30, 2008

...and it isn't over yet!

Thanksgiving, that is. In our house, Thanksgiving lasted quite a while which was a pleasure for me. At school, Mikayla had her first "program" and her very first solo speaking line. Mom, Will, the kids and I went to see her perform as a pilgrim with her kindergarten class. It was pretty cute to hear all of those little voices but the proudest moment was when Mikayla said her speaking part. "I'll have turkey roasted" was the best line in the play. I didn't know if we'd be able to hear it since her voice, in front of other people, gets so soft but I could definitely hear it where I was sitting. Way to go Mikayla!! Here she is with her best friends in the class, RJ, Julia, and Brady. Afterward, all Tyler wanted to do was splash in the puddles and stand in the rain.
For Thanksgiving, since it was postponed due to Ethan's flu and Tyler's pink eye, we headed off to Dim Sum. By that time, Tyler was already on medication and didn't show signs of pink eye, if you're wondering. You're probably thinking, "oh, she's one of those moms that likes to infect others with her child's maladies." You'd be wrong...it was more out of sheer desperation to celebrate Thanksgiving somehow that day. Lynnea is loving to stand on her own so we clap for her a lot which makes her really happy...see?
And then we stopped by our favorite boba tea place for some cool, refreshing smoothies. I got an almond "snow" or smoothie and we headed home.
Along the way, the kids started a game of "smell your feet." I don't think this needs any more words, to be honest. Gross...but it was quite hilarious to them, I might add.
On Saturday morning, we went to Mollie's 3rd birthday party, a friend of Tyler's. We had so much fun at the park, with friends, and Lynnea practiced her standing again on the picnic tables. She's taken a few steps on her own so it's only a matter of time before she starts walking. Watch out!
Saturday night was our long-awaited family Thanksgiving. All of the kiddos were healthy and we gathered together at my parent's house to pig out and relax. The kids got an after-dinner treat of Popsicles while the adults indulged in Cara's out-of-this-world pumpkin cheesecake thingy. It was delish! I love spending time with my family and we don't get to do it often (all of us, that is) so it was quite fun.
The turkey carver. I saw you sneaking some after-dinner bites dad....shame on you for not sharing. =)
This morning was a family advent wreath "outing?" (for lack of a better word) at our church. Families gathered together to eat free food (how much better does it get?) and make advent wreaths. The kids had fun putting the candles and pine leaves into the Styrofoam. Lynnea liked it too. Tyler, however, would rather eat Cheetos after a while and observe the work rather than do the work. You can see his chunky hand holding the delectable goodie in this picture.
Daddy even got in on the action. Way to show your crafting skills, babe!
Tonight, the kids and I made a Christmas chain with 25 chain links signifying the 25 days until Christmas. Each day we wrote something we had to do that day such as bake something, sing Christmas songs, or decorate so the next 25 days I'll share what we've done to celebrate the season on that day. We'll see how many postings actually happen the day of the event.

1 comment:

Mama Shoe said...

three thoughts:
1. you guys go to very fancy looking dim-sum places (pls take us), 2. your car looks way too clean for having kids (can Will clean ours?) 3. your family has lots of fun (we gotta get together soon, to join the fun). Love and hugssss.