Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thankful

I know this is 2 days late but my Thanksgiving is today. We're all done being sick (for now) and are going to have the traditional family dinner at my parent's house later today. I love Thanksgiving. It's always so laid back, full of family, tradition, and good food.

Today, here are 10 things I'm thankful for.

1. God, of course. Without him, I would have lost hope long ago.
2. My family and friends (yes, all of you). Without your love throughout my life, I wouldn't be the person I am today.
3. My husband. Thanks for being persistent. You are my true soul mate.
4. My kids. Thank you for making me a better person, and to God for trusting me with you.

Now on to the less obvious:
5. Warm drinks, a good book, and a warm blanket, all together
6. The smell of Pumpkin Spice candles
7. The crisp smell and feel of fresh fall air (crunching leaves underfoot makes it even better)
8. A good conversation with a friend
9. Finding the perfect thing while shopping-and it's on a great sale!
10. Going out to dinner

There are so many things I'm thankful for but these are just the ones that popped into my head. I hope your Thanksgivings were full of blessings and family (or friends that feel like family).
May God bless you this Holiday Season!!

3 comments:

Mama Griffith, said...

I am thankful for you and your blog! You'll never know what an encouragment it is at times. Keep it up!

heidi said...

I am thankful for you, my friend... even though there is distance between us now, it doesn't matter! Any time with you is a great time!

Love ya:)

Riva said...

Thanks for the encouragement you guys! I'm glad you enjoy the updates. I enjoy reading both of yours as well...I need to comment more. =) Love you!