On to the fun stuff-
Good Choice #1: Inviting Cheryl over to entertain the kids. It's always a good choice to have Cheryl over-she's just fun to be with. Cheryl has this cool thing on her computer where you can videotape yourself while you're watching yourself on screen. The kids loved seeing themselves and making strange faces became the highlight of the night. Wait, I think that's Cheryl's normal look... hmmm. ;)
Good Choice #2: Lynnea allowing my mom to carry her to the assembly to honor Mikayla. Most of the time, she's arching her back and crying but she finally decided that, in Grammie's arms, it was pretty comfortable.
Good Choice #3: Mikayla won a character award at her school for the character trait of "Making Good Choices," thus the title of today's blog. She and 2 other classmates (from her class) got the award and I couldn't be prouder. She's growing up to be a very classy little lady.
Good Choice #4: Going to Valerie's house to decorate cookies. Thanks, Valerie, for going above and beyond and actually making frosting in different colors. You wow me with your stamina (especially while pregnant). I would have said, "there is white, white, or white and if you have a problem with it, tough." Tyler and I had lots of fun!!
Good Choice #5: Ok, the good choice wasn't getting the pink eye, it was going to the dr. to take care of the pink eye. Yes, Mikayla has been afflicted with her first communicable disease from school, pink eye in both eyes. Oh, and the other good choice was not making a HUGE scene in the pharmacy when I found out that the world's smallest eyedropper bottle cost the same as a week's worth of groceries. I did mention the fact that it was, "ridiculous" but the pharmacist hardly batted an eye and gladly accepted my Visa. Someone needs to work out that health insurance deal... All I'm saying is that this medicine had better be a miracle cure to cost that much and be the same size as 1/3 a tube of lipstick. Can you tell I just can't get over it? OK, I'm done now...
And lastly, Good Choice #6: Finally rebuilding the train tracks on the train table. Tyler's favorite thing is to destroy anything I took longer than 20 minutes building so I haven't been motivated to rebuild the last traintrack setup which met an untimely end. Will ended up going out to coffee with one of his mentors tonight so I thought, "I have the energy to actually play with my kids at the end of the day today...let's go all out, sit on the floor and irritate my sciatic nerve, try not to get frustrated when the pieces don't fit and have a great time." So, with all that said, here is the finished product.
Isn't it grand? I can hear your applause-thank you!! It was rough going at times but I'm pretty proud of it. Hey, I'm a stay-at-home mom. We don't feel like we actually "accomplish" things during our day so this was pretty cool.It was a week of good choices.
3 comments:
I loved this post, Riva. So clever and very inspiring... especially the last part about playing with the kids.
Some nights I am just so worn out that I feel like I have nothing left to give the kids.
I am so sorry about Mikayla's eyes... and about the price of medicine. I wonder why it isn't covered under insurance? Weird.
very encouraging in light of this week's events. i look at our little ones and i pray that this generation will be salt and light to the world... beginning with the kindergartners making the right choices. go mikayla, we're counting on you!! =)
Mikayla is turning into a beautiful young lady, in more ways than one!
BTW, I was in Tyler's SS class today and I asked him about the owie on his forehead. He just kept grinning bigger and bigger when I asked, "Did you fall? Did you hit your head on the wall? Did Mikayla punch you?" and finally, "Were you just being a BOY?"
Post a Comment