You know how they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Check this one out...

The kids and I have had to get used to a new Kindergarten schedule this week. Mikayla now goes from 10-1:30 which changes naptime, lunchtime, and "errand" time. I decided to finally get out of the house after being housebound the first 2 weeks and took Tyler and Lynnea with me to get some things done. We went here, there, everywhere (actually only 3 places) and then I packed the kids in the stroller with perfect timing to pick Mikayla up from Kindergarten at 1:30 sharp. After walking in the scorching heat to and from school, waiting most of the time for Mikayla to catch up on her scooter, I was a slight bit irritable and wanted to get lunchtime over so I could lay on the couch and nap. We settled in our lunchtime routine and, after getting the kids their food, I turned to feed Lynnea and this is what I saw. I also heard it...snoring through snot. Poor thing had just had enough. I woke her up a little, fed her something and put her to bed. We're all trying so hard to get used to this new phase of life. Part of me wanted to crawl in her pack-and-play with her.

Yes, some things have changed but some things remain the same, thank goodness. My cousin, Cheryl, comes over once in a while just to hang out and spend some time with our family and the kids always have so much fun with her. She was very gracious the other day and accompanied us to dinner with Will's brothers and parents. We're getting her accustomed to "real" chinese food. Here they are playing the Wii.

Oh, and another hilarious happening this week, testing how those wooden spoons feel when they spank themselves. I don't know what prompted this but as long as they spanked themselves and not each other, I was ok with it. It's not like I spank them all the time. They don't have that much experience (I know what you're thinking). I thought it was funny.

Hope your week is going well. Tomorrow I bring Lynnea to the Dr.'s office which means..hmm..even more crankiness AND shots. *sigh*
2 comments:
We are doing virtual public school and even that is hard to ajust to! ha ha your comment about Mikayla dawdeling on her scooter was so like gregory,...I look forward to when all of the kids can ride quickly. then I can jog next to them and get fit..ha ha we will see if that happens when I get there!
ok, the spoon picture is HILARIOUS! I hope you have more of them. Ack. I can go to bed now :)
Post a Comment