The first one was for Ellia. She's the daughter of a good friend of mine, Talitha. She had her 2nd birthday at Adventure City. I had no idea how much fun it was for kids! I'd always passed it on the street and thought, "wow, one roller coaster and they call it adventure city?" Little did I know that there was oh, so much more! It's a kid's paradise with great kid rides and, if you have your birthday party there, you get pizza, drinks and a day at the park. Talitha and Jimmy were so generous and our kids got to ride rides and go so far past their naps they thought it was paradise (mommy and daddy thought it was torture toward the end.)
Here's Ellia sitting in the "birthday taxi" that she got to sit in as the birthday girl.
Talitha, Jimmy and Ellia on the fun Adventure City train. It was pretty cute. You even got to go through the train station where all of the birthday parties were held and wave to the parties!
The rides were all for kids but Tyler didn't quite believe that. He thought someone was trying to figure out ways to kill him for the fun of it so he refused (very demonstratively) to ride on the train so the girls and I set off on the adventure around the "City."
My independent daughter. Lately, she's wanted to go to public restrooms by herself (one time even telling me NOT to go to the bathroom so that she could do it all by herself), get things like straws and napkins by herself at fast food restaurants and numerous other things. She's growing up so fast. Needless to say, I was honored that she even let me sit in her train car with her but she did have one seat all to herself. As a side note, I know, her hair is in her face....I've had to get past that. How can you handle strands of hair in front of your face? I don't know how she does it but I've had to stop saying, "go like this (moving strands of invisible hair from in front of me)." Clips don't work, headbands don't work. I have not succombed to the bangs and I don't think I will. I'll just have to wait until she decides that it is a little inconvenient to always have the "windblown" look.
Oh, here's me with the priviledge of sitting IN her train car...the only drawback was that I had to hold the baby. She loved the ride and hardly moved the entire trip. I think, in this picture, she was wondering what was wrong with her big brother after he threw himself on the floor in terror at the thought of stepping onto the "ride of death."
There was one ride that Tyler desperately wanted to ride, the handcars. Will and I thought that this would cause some commotion; Tyler stuck in the middle having to be rescued while impatient preschoolers rammed him from behind. We were shocked when we saw that he immediately took to the ride and actually knew what to do, having never done it before. He had so much fun!
Here is my friend, Susanna, and me. She worked at the Register when I did and we had lunch every day with Cara, Talitha, and some other friends of ours. I've missed her since she's moved but was so excited to see her and her little girl, Cami, at the party. Love you, Susanna!
One of the highlights of Adventure City, for Tyler, was the Thomas the Train tables. They have 2 tables set out with tracks, bins of loose track in the corner for you to make your own village and Thomas trains to play with. You just have to get past the Nazi-esque woman who works there, "only one train per child...bring it back." I felt like she had eyes in the back of her head and was tracking where her precious engines were at all times. Near the end of our time, I couldn't find the engine Tyler was playing with and had to escape without turning it in. I could feel myself sweating. Notice how "into" the experience Will is...

2 comments:
Wow, what a weekend! I recently started going into the restroom by myself too. Perfectly normal. Tyler's daddy is doing what my daddy does when I ask him to play "Dollhouse" with me. Sometimes I have to poke him to see if he's even still awake.
Oh, and loooove the new look for the blog.
It was great to see you guys too at Ellia's party. It was such a fun day! I think we'd all highly recommend Adventure City to all the moms with kidlets under 5 or so. Love and miss you too, Riv!!
Post a Comment