The kids had fun with their uncles and cousin Cheryl. Will and Bryan took turns throwing the kids up in the air. Here's an action shot of Mikayla.
And here's Lynnea, wondering when it's her turn...just kidding.
As Cara said in her blog, this volkswagon brings back so many memories. It was my dad's car since High School and it went with us through many of life's transitions and travels. My dad used to drive us to school in the little guy and whoever had the front seat got the priviledge of punching the radio buttons to find an AM radio station to listen to. Learning to drive stick shift on the VW was a challenge. I'm surprised my arm is still attached after putting it into the wrong gear on occasion. Even though my dad has "graduated" to a large red "mid-life-crisis" car, I will forever picture him in the beetle. It holds so many memories. Thanks, Kevin, for letting us sit in it, smell the classic smells and relive the old times.
For his birthday, Will and I found this hilarious gift that we just had to get him. I don't know if you can see it well in the picture but it's a kleenex box cover that is an Easter Island statue with a hole where the nose should be...also where the kleenex comes out. It's quite a sight, perfect for his office.
On Labor Day, we didn't labor much. ha ha ha. We did go see my cousin Cheryl's place. She'll be staying here for her senior year with 9 other girls. No, I didn't do a typo, NINE other girls in this house. She has a lot of courage, I tell ya. The kids loved jumping on her bed and then we took them to the community playground where we ran around for a few minutes. After we felt sweat drip down our backs from only 2 minutes of playing and an intense humidity, we decided we'd had enough "labor" for one day and went back to her house. Other than that, we did nothing. Oh, wait, I forgot that we bought a shed and Will is now in the process of putting it together to house our backyard "thingamagiggs" instead of having them strewn about the yard.
3 comments:
wow your dad is 60. it just takes your breath away how fast life slips by. I hope he has another 60 years to go! I want to hear all about kindergarten...and if you cry. Daisy is doing public school online- we dont have alot of options at the end of a peninsula
Mmmmmm, Juan Pollo. My dad loves Mr. Pollo.
I think I've ridden in that car many years ago. Didn't the Martin's have one too? Tell your Dad happy birthday!!
Christy Sweeny Lutterloh
Post a Comment