Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mornings without Big Sister

Things have been a little different around here in the mornings. At about 8am, the kids and I walk Mikayla to school, say goodbye and walk home. Once we get home, I've had to be very attentive to Tyler as his usual playmate is now in school. He's so used to her being around that, while we were walking home and saw a dog that lives down the street, he called out, "Mikayla, look! Sweetie!! (the dog's name)" I had to remind him that we had already dropped Mikayla off at school and she wasn't there. He's getting used to it but I've had to fill in for her absence by playing games, princesses (yes, this is something he enjoys), and trains with him as a surrogate sister.

It's kind of fun to be with my 2 youngest for a few hours by themselves. Lynnea is in a constant state of change and it's fun to watch her learn new things. Recently, she's learned to pull herself up and stand/walk along objects while holding on to them. This morning, Tyler got up into her crib (with help) and played with her a while. Sorry about the orientation of this photo but Blogger will not rotate it for me. This is what I see most of the time, Lynnea standing next to something looking up at me. I can't believe she's already standing...time flies.
I asked Tyler to kiss his sister and this is what I saw.

Note the indentation on the cheek and the pressure applied. Unfortunately, after this picture was taken, Lynnea's legs gave way and she fell...Tyler's hands stayed in the same place as he tried to keep her from falling. Luckily, Lynnea is used to this kind of "help" and didn't cry. Gotta love my tender, loving son.

2 comments:

Mama Griffith, said...

looks like fun..I bet your going to get to know tyler even better. I ran across some patterns at joanns fabric I thought you would think were cute. they are project runway for toddlers and girls. Cute dresses etc. I think I might break down and buy a fiew. I am tired of making the same 5 dresses.

Unknown said...

I cannot believe she is standing and "walking", aww i miss them and all of our tickle fun we had.